"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 pm

Promotion of a religion that claims that Haile Selassie is a 20th Century Manifestation of God is an attempt to defamate the character of Jesus Christ. We therefore demand that any person/s or organization expressing, sponsoring, promoting, enabling, and/or encouraging the use of, such misguided, hateful theology, terminate all such activity.

Jah Love!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:16 pm

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:46 pm

PirateGuy wrote:"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

Hey, f*ck off, that's my quote!!!!

Anyway, the word "Pastafarian is just the term we used"...get a life, elijah...
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
PirateGuy wrote:"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

Hey, f*ck off, that's my quote!!!!

Screw you, it seemed very apt. And Adam gave that one to the world at large. You have no claim to it!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby EarthRise on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Did someone serve elijah a heaping portion of Fail?
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 pm

elijah wrote:Of course one could reject the reality that jews are respectable human beings and promote a "substitute" one that they are murderers, the Problem is that such expression, similar to the endorsment of the term pastafarian, would be racial and religious oppression, slander, and encitment to violence. FYI EarthRise, I am not served.

WTF is wrong with you?

I've already explained that the usage of teh term "pastafarian" is not defamating your religion...bobby henderson chose the word because the word "pasta" fit nicely...

If anything you should be honoured...

Earthrise, could you zap him through his keyboard for me? :wink:
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby EarthRise on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:31 pm

elijah wrote:Of course one could reject the reality that jews are respectable human beings and promote a "substitute" one that they are murderers, the Problem is that such expression, similar to the endorsment of the term pastafarian, would be racial and religious oppression, slander, and encitment to violence. FYI EarthRise, I am not served.

I didn't say you were served. I said you failed. At life, if I may amend that. Dismal failure.

Your argument is weak and brittle. Simply the slightest breeze of mockery blows it to pieces.

Your offense is laughable. Pastafarianism is fun and highly satirical. If you can't accept that, then, frankly, you were born without the capacity to understand a joke.

I pray the FSM cures your myopia, and allows you to grasp the wonderful concept of circumstantial humor.

Now go eat some pasta. And smoke a joint. As they say in marijuana jargon, 'You need to mellow out, man.'
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Ohhhhh. Apparently you are taking this a little more seriously than I initially realized. Hell, Earthrise almost sent you out back to cut your own switch, and I rarely see him get all riled up.

I've hung out with all kinds of religious people, including true Ital rastas in Jamaica who had never cut their hair since the day that they were born. Honestly, I never in my wildest dreams expected that a true rasta would take offense at our fake religion.

If you can't see that "Pastafarianism" is just a truly brilliant pun, then I just don't know what to say.

How you managed to go into racism in this thread is still beyond me.

Our sole purpose here is to battle intelligunt design and creationism masquerading as science, not to demean religion. We have members from a wide variety of religious backgrounds who see no problem with our jokes.

So stop acting like we are persecuting you and join the discussions. If you are a true rasta, I'd like to hear some of your views on theology. I almost got into rastafarianism back in my wanning theist days.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Jah Pirates

Postby DaveL on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:17 pm

YArrrrr...

Send 'im round to me and the lads. We'll sort him out. This ain't no place for hoity toity types in these here parts. Lighten up matey!

There was a special breed of pirates known as the Jah Pirates in the Indies. It wasn't bread fruit they were cultivating in those hills either. They used to pass a pipe round the camp fire, that our boys just would not touch!

You should of heard their sea shantys. They were singing Bob Marley and Cypress Hill songs 200 years before they were born. :fsm_yarr:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Re: Jah Pirates

Postby PantyGnawer on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:21 am

DaveL wrote:YArrrrr...

Send 'im round to me and the lads. We'll sort him out. This ain't no place for hoity toity types in these here parts. Lighten up matey!

There was a special breed of pirates known as the Jah Pirates in the Indies. It wasn't bread fruit they were cultivating in those hills either. They used to pass a pipe round the camp fire, that our boys just would not touch!

You should of heard their sea shantys. They were singing Bob Marley and Cypress Hill songs 200 years before they were born. :fsm_yarr:

Tis true! I'm about as hardcore atheist as one can get, yet my favorite song is still "Thank You Lord" by Bob/Peter Tosh. Thats some powerful mojo.

I still have a crazy hankerin for some more saltfish and ackee. Mmmmmmmm.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Callaloo

Postby black bart on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:54 am

AAARRRRRRRR...Give me a bowl o Callaloo...as long as it has Fish Heads in it o course!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:03 pm

elijah wrote:Promotion of a "Pastafarian religion" is an attempt to defamate the charachter/s of the/a person/s known to the world as Ras Tafari. We therefore demand that any person/s or organization expressing, sponsoring, promoting, enabling, and/or encouraging the use of, such misguided, hateful terminology, terminate all such activity.

Or else what?
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby fractal on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:01 pm

Reminds me of one of my favorite comics, The Further Adventures of God
Spread The Weird >> Stack The Midgets | Whack A Pope
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby DaveL on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 pm

The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
elijah wrote:Promotion of a "Pastafarian religion" is an attempt to defamate the charachter/s of the/a person/s known to the world as Ras Tafari. We therefore demand that any person/s or organization expressing, sponsoring, promoting, enabling, and/or encouraging the use of, such misguided, hateful terminology, terminate all such activity.

Or else what?

Yarrrr...

Or else he'll be cryin like a Lion in Zion :fsm_rock:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm

OMFSM..callaloo! buljol & bakes..coconut muffins..goat roti..Stag & Carib by the case...soca-tronic in the streets..nice folks, wonderful country..T&T, i miss you..Elijah-nuff repect to you and all of Jah's true children..sometimes, tho, you can see better with the heart...&, looked at that way, CotFSM is not Babylon-bred heinousness..we're just a bunch of crazy baldheads..ram goat liver, anyone?
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Next

Return to Locked Posts