Important: URLs in profiles

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby Med_Art_Molly on Wed May 23, 2007 4:47 pm

Understood.
"If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." -Benjamin Franklin
Med_Art_Molly
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zankou on Wed May 23, 2007 5:09 pm

You know, we don't need to keep posting her.

We don't.

seriously..

AAAAHHHH! N00BS!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

k

Postby Kraza31st on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 pm

k. Okay :shellfish:
Kraza31st
Conchigliette Convert

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Gotcha!
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Pirate code

Postby Capn_Candi on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 am

Of course i'll keep to the code laddies!!
Yaarrr! Sing like noone's listening! Dance like noones watching! Take too many pictures! Laugh WAY too much and too loud!! Party like you've never been sad! Drink like you've never been sick! Smile like sumone's in Love with it, LOVE like you've never been hurt!! and Eat Pasta like His Noodleyness is watching!!! =p
Capn_Candi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby UncertainGod on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:35 am

Fully understood.
UncertainGod
Ziti Zealot

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:35 am

You don't need to post agreement here, people. Simply by posting on the message board you inherently agree to the rules in this thread. If you break them, saying "BUT I NEVER SAID I AGREED HA HA!" is no defense. You implied it by posting, period.

Somehow I think this post will be futile. Oh well. I guess it doesn't really cause any serious harm if you post agreement here, but then again, if the thread gets to twenty pages full of "Aye aye!" and something real needs to be said or asked about the rules, nobody will notice because everyone will have stopped reading it.

Ha ha. Reminds me of elementary school, where the teacher would say, "Is everyone done with their work?" and everyone who was done would say "YEESSSS!!!!!!" really loudly, as though they were trying to drown out anyone who wasn't done. I eventually started to feel obligated to shout that no, not everyone was done, if there were in fact people who were not done, because otherwise I was afraid they wouldn't get noticed. Sometimes I didn't get noticed when I wasn't done, actually. This brings back painful memories! I HATE YOU ALL! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME! *runs away and cries*
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby RandomSam on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:51 am

First they came for the people who had not finished their work, and I was silent, for I had finished my work.
Then they came for.... etc.
Have fun,
--RandomSam.
Damn... my old sig broke...
RandomSam
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:36 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:You don't need to post agreement here, people. Simply by posting on the message board you inherently agree to the rules in this thread. If you break them, saying "BUT I NEVER SAID I AGREED HA HA!" is no defense. You implied it by posting, period.

Somehow I think this post will be futile. Oh well. I guess it doesn't really cause any serious harm if you post agreement here, but then again, if the thread gets to twenty pages full of "Aye aye!" and something real needs to be said or asked about the rules, nobody will notice because everyone will have stopped reading it.

Ha ha. Reminds me of elementary school, where the teacher would say, "Is everyone done with their work?" and everyone who was done would say "YEESSSS!!!!!!" really loudly, as though they were trying to drown out anyone who wasn't done. I eventually started to feel obligated to shout that no, not everyone was done, if there were in fact people who were not done, because otherwise I was afraid they wouldn't get noticed. Sometimes I didn't get noticed when I wasn't done, actually. This brings back painful memories! I HATE YOU ALL! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME! *runs away and cries*

Are you ok, man? You should really work these issues out in a therapy session. I know a good place, if you want the number.

*twitch*
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Capellini on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:14 am

People post here for one of two reasons, and neither are the ones mentioned by ADOS.

One: they can't figure out where the first post is supposed to go, and since they can make their first post here, they do it.

Two: they want to increase their post count so they can get into the Rant section.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:16 am

Capellini wrote:People post here for one of two reasons, and neither are the ones mentioned by ADOS.

One: they can't figure out where the first post is supposed to go, and since they can make their first post here, they do it.

Two: they want to increase their post count so they can get into the Rant section.

Or, they want to increase their post counts for the sake of increasing their post counts.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:19 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Or, they want to increase their post counts for the sake of increasing their post counts.

Says the guy who makes sure to tell everyone about the 2 thousand or so posts that were stolen from him!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby TyphoidZ on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:39 am

ill be sure to follow the rules :mrgreen:
TyphoidZ
Conchigliette Convert

ok

Postby chonmage on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:33 pm

ok
chonmage
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:42 am

PirateGuy wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:Or, they want to increase their post counts for the sake of increasing their post counts.

Says the guy who makes sure to tell everyone about the 2 thousand or so posts that were stolen from him!

I posted that message to increase my post count. It was not a very subtle joke. Obviously, you missed it.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices