Bible of the FSM

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Bible of the FSM

Postby Pirate Terramort on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:42 pm

I've been working on the Bible of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to parallel the Christian Bible. However, this would more novelized, so as to make it easier to read. After it is compiled, I would hope to send it to Bobby. Any ideas?
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.
Captain of the Birthday Massacre
High Magus of the Wise Council of World Pasta

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Deleet on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:18 am

Don't we already have a bible-ish book?
I guess that we could create a lot more and have them be very inconsistent, just to mimic the Xians?
Deleet
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pirate Terramort on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:35 am

The Gospel is really more of a good news book. Yes, it has some Pastafarian history, but what we DO have is really quite incomplete.
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: Bible of the FSM

Postby Clifford on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Pirate Terramort wrote:I've been working on the Bible of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to parallel the Christian Bible. However, this would more novelized, so as to make it easier to read. After it is compiled, I would hope to send it to Bobby. Any ideas?

We have a Gospel. It is good enough to me (despite it's terrible attitudes and flaws) and in it is contained the Holy Noodle, a satisfactory account of the creation of the Earth as it actually happend.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Pirate Terramort on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 am

Aye, perhaps you be right. :?
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.

Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby lari on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:57 pm

What about a new part of the Gospel? We can use captain Jesus and his 12 crew members for a new novelised story, or something like that.
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Postby Josh M on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 pm

We should put together a second book compiling in stories and content from the older threads of the forum and other ingenious things that have been put together over the last few years. It shouldn't be too much like the bible because the bible is boring as hell, but it should be created in more of that sort of fashion.
Any elaborating thoughts?
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby MrStoffy on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Aye! Perhaps we should use our other forum about Noodly writing and compile the stories from it and add it to this new book! :D
MrStoffy
Ziti Zealot

Postby Josh M on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 pm

I think we should just go for it. If it doesn't turn out, we still have the gospel.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 pm

The Gospel is Holy Scripture, the forum (and other similar activities) is Holy Tradition.
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Postby Edd on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Might I suggest that Pastafarian literature should avoid mocking any one particular religion and either parody those who would force their beliefs on others, or relate the topics and discussions that have come up on the main page and in the forums. By using the xian bible as a template, we are severely limiting our palette.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Josh M on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Your right, we should use it to explain as much as we possibly can about the FSM and his noodleyness. We should try to make it as unique as we possibly can. We need to have something that belongs to us (other then the gospel) that can help define us from the rest.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby funk Q on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Edd wrote:Might I suggest that Pastafarian literature should avoid mocking any one particular religion and either parody those who would force their beliefs on others, or relate the topics and discussions that have come up on the main page and in the forums. By using the xian bible as a template, we are severely limiting our palette.

I agree, let's mock all false religions not just one. I don't really know how we could possibly parody other holey book as they seem to be Parody Incarnate already.

Deleet wrote:I guess that we could create a lot more and have them be very inconsistent, just to mimic the Xians?

I think it would be a lot more fun and honour the FSM (bless its bones) greater if we kept it consistent. We could set a precedent for scriptures!
It's all about mee.
funk Q
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Edd on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I wonder if writing a holy book by consensus and not expecting anyone to take it seriously is really going to set a precedent.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DaveL on Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 am

Guys,

If you have a look at old posts, there are alot of scriptures. There was a massive effort to compile the 'Loose Cannon', but it never quite got up.
It could still be done, but it would need alot of collective effort.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion