Don't forget your local Library

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Shoeman on Sat May 13, 2006 10:37 pm

Wal-mart.com (a site with morals amazingly enough that has it) sells it for about ten bucks. I mean, better for donating.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Weird_Ally on Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:05 am

I would donate my copy, but I want to read it throughly, pass it on to my fellow pastafarians, loan it to my Bio teacher (who, by the way, is trying to spread FSM in the science department at my HS), save it for my future college friends, children, grandchildren, etc. So you see, I will make sure anyone I know will have access to The Book anyway so It'll get more use than being burried on a shelf in either the religious or humor section of the Public Library. Bigger city people should really donate it when they finish the memorization process, though.
Weird_Ally
Conchigliette Convert

Postby qaz on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:26 am

I bought my copy for the purpose of donating it to the local library. My wife is a local librarian we live in a small southern US town, they do have a intercounty exchange system but no copies in the system. The library has an extemely limited budget and most of my wife's new book choices are dropped because they don't conform with what the other librarians vision of what a library should hold. I'll quite typing now before I go off an tangent but when I finish with my copy at least one little town library will have it. It will most likely be promptly packed in a box by one of her coworkers and sold at the next used book auction but at least it won't get burned, or at least it won't be publically burned.
qaz
Conchigliette Convert

Postby And_May_I_Have_Another on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:28 pm

Lou wrote:Well, unfortunately, I haven't purchased the book myself, so I don't have a book to donate. It'd be splended to see a copy at my library eventually, though it's not likely... I haven't seen a new book there in ages. :cry:

Mmm, libraries.

My somehow seems to get money. Granted, I have yet to see Our Gospel there, but I feel for you. Oh, how many converts we could have if it was free to read to the public.

-wistful sigh-
You know, I never really did like pasta.

Rawr- Attack Banana
And_May_I_Have_Another
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dabeast on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:56 pm

They have a bibel bigger than me so they better damn take it.
Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @
dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Lazor on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:16 am

I wish my school or library had it, as my parents are zealot Christians who wouldn't want the FSM in their house. This is why I wish we had a PDF version of the book.
Lazor
Ziti Zealot

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm

I actually work at a library, but Im having trouble convincing my boss to buy a few copies.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Previous

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion