ProvHerbs

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:07 pm

considering the first gets squished.

"the cooking of a great feast begins with a single ingrediant"
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:24 pm

Is that your own thought, Qwerty? Based on the idea that a great journey begins with one step? Or did you hear that somewhere else? Cause only original thoughts or old thoughts changed to be made relevant to FSMism get used, ya know... and that would certainly be a good one!
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:40 pm

It's based on the chineese proverb "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" but I made up the parody of it, unless someone beat me to it, but I didn't steal it from anybody.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:16 pm

Cool, it's in.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:12 pm

I got another one!

though one should never steal candy from a baby, tis far worse to accept candy from a dentist

becuase it's either going to be healthy (blech) or he's just doing it so he can work on your soon-to-be cavaties and get more money.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ditalini Diva on Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Not sure if posting a modified version of one's own signature is a) allowed, b) boasting or c) just plain over-estimating one's creative talents, but I'll give it a go anyway and then you can all tell me off afterwards:
Remember thee that the penne is mightier than the sword, but any pasta shape is better than an object designed to maime and kill.

While my brain is working:
It is easier to ask for seconds, than for a plate (based on "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission").
The watched pasta never cooks
Too many cooks make washing up harder
A rolling meatball gathers more parmesan
The penne is mightier than the sword.
Ditalini Diva
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:03 am

If there's someone you can live without

well then do so

(stolen from BNL, but it is a good proverb)

here's an original one

never take the pre-emtive strike, but when struck, strike back twice as hard

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:44 pm

Qwerty,

You know better! Punish not but a ravioli for a ravioli, a meat ball for a meatball! And then, only if you can't find in heart for forgive!!!! But you ought to try really really hard to forgive first!!! We're Pastafarians!

You make the Monster sad. :fsm_cry:

Rethink it.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:29 pm

sorry monster... forgive me.

and sorry FSM too.

:mrgreen:

okay fine, but that's still going in my personal Creed.

lets see....

hum... not getting anything. I thought you said I would be good at this!

although my candy one is in, right?

EDIT:

here's one:

a crouching tiger can be seen. still it is ready to strike, but lost its element of suprise, it has.

a hidden dragon is hidden always, for before one finds it, one finds it's face burned off by the flames.

beauty, aint tha shelia?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Melantha on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:05 am

Inspired by my mother's FSM-worship habits:

"Thou shalt not shun those who combineth their side-salad and dressing with the holy pasta."

"Blessed are the rabbits, for as we eat pasta, so too do they."

"To seek solace in Atkins' is to seek despair for the sake of folly, for His Noodly Appendage is the difficult but happier path--for has it not been said that men like their women round?"
Melantha
Conchigliette Convert

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:04 am

Ask not what your Pasta can do for you, but what you can do for your Pasta.

"I love the smell of rigatoni in the morning! Smells like, VICTORY!"

"Surrender the little children unto pasta, for when the little buggers learn how to use the can opener, the microwave, and EasyMac, you are left to more worthy pursuits of the soul, like increasing thy post count."

"Is there nothing better in the world, than the Olive Garden never ending pasta bowl? Yes. THe never ending pasta bowl, plus salad and breadsticks."
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:12 am

it is not enough to talk about pasta, one must eat pasta. but it is not enough to eat pasta. one must believe in pasta.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: ProvHerbs

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm

It's been a while since the last post and the Second Council of Olive Garden would like to bring this thread back to everyone's attention in order to collect more delicious scripture for the Loose Canon. So please keep writing ProvHerbs in order to please our Noodly Master.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby PragmaticallyWyrd on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Platypus Enthusiast wrote:It's been a while since the last post and the Second Council of Olive Garden would like to bring this thread back to everyone's attention in order to collect more delicious scripture for the Loose Canon. So please keep writing ProvHerbs in order to please our Noodly Master.

Right now I'm just celebrating the miracle that I was able to remember my username/password after so long. All hail the noodliness! Hail. Hail.
:D 8)
--
Furry cows moo and decompress.
PragmaticallyWyrd
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Cool. I'm in!

Will see if I can muster a few old poets...hey Qwerty where are ya!!!?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts