Hey! This is new!

This is where we confer honor on those who have earned the title of Prophet. Or, where we mock them. One or the other.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Hey! This is new!

Postby Capellini on Thu May 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes, voice in my head that represents Pastafarian community as a whole, yes it is. And now I can hear you asking for what purpose it exists.

This new section is where we will give those people who are so dedicated (or pathetic) to have reached the title of Pastafarian their own unique monkier, should they want it.

But don't think this is an easy matter of just asking and getting. Hooo no my friends.

Here is how this will work. Anyone who has the title of Prophet will start a thread here requesting a title, and listing the attributes they feel, beyond just being a Prophet, make them deserving of such an honor. THEN, the rest of the community will offer suggestions, a mod or admin will start a poll to vote, and then the mod staff will make a final decision between the top two winners.

So there you go. You wanted custom ranks? You've got something a lot more fun, if you ask me.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Greeeat...

Can we get a new rank, after, or are we stuck with the one, forever?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 pm

This new section is where we will give those people who are so dedicated (or pathetic) to have reached the title of Pastafarian their own unique monkier, should they want it.

And the award for missing the whole point goes to...
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Rainswept wrote:

And the award for missing the whole point goes to...

I wish to know if the new rank we get can be changed, if our inclination or whimsy changes.

How is that missing the point?
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Rainswept wrote:And the award for missing the whole point goes to...

Me.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby Capellini on Thu May 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Petitions for changes MIGHT be considered.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm

As in all things FSM, likelihood of success varies proportionately with your ability to kiss Cap's ass :)
Rainswept

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I like the idea of suggestions. I'm not as thrilled with the idea that a specific title could be assigned without my having veto power.

I suggest that, before titles are suggested, voted, and assigned to regular members, that the mods and admins must go through this process first so that they can work out any bugs in the process.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Dude, 2/5 of the people up for new titles are mods. WoE and I are in the same boat you are. Roll with it!

Nobody's gonna vote you a name you completely hate.
Rainswept

Postby Capellini on Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Rainswept wrote:Dude, 2/5 of the people up for new titles are mods. WoE and I are in the same boat you are. Roll with it!

Nobody's gonna vote you a name you completely hate.

Well, they MIGHT not. :wink:

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Re: Hey! This is new!

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Capellini wrote:This new section is where we will give those people who are so dedicated (or pathetic) to have reached the title of Pastafarian their own unique monkier, should they want it.

Anthropologist Freudian slip?

Also, there are 10 people who could get new titles, not 5.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu May 29, 2008 10:21 pm

For some reason, I thought that said Anthrapologist...like the Catholic apologists, but not.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 10:21 pm

There are 5 active prophets. The others with 5000+ points already have unique titles, or aren't regulars anymore.
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Duke will be back at some point(I hope... :? )
RRR is active
Black Bart is active
I am active
farfalla is active
Capellini is active
Rainswept is active
Earthrise is active
Warlord of Elephants is active
Moral Minority is active

Bold already have ranks.

That leaves seven without ranks, but the other three could theoretically be changed. Either way, and even if Duke isn't counted (I miss him) it is not five.

You fail at mathematics.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't count duke.

I think I counted you and MM as the same person. Hard to tell you apart much of the time.
Rainswept

Next

Return to Temple of the Prophets