How could I get a copy of theis book without my parents find

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby capidosia on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:29 am

i aways used to find hiding in plain sight was the best option.. when i was younger i had "special" vids on display with my normals, and books that would have shocked the hell outta my parents (including a leather bound copy of "mein Kampf" i found at a boot sale... biggest load of crap i've ever read, so i sold it not long after getting it... and no i'm not a nazi!!), and if it got spotted, as one did once, after sitting there for nearly 2 years, simple responce..... best smart arse voice on, look down nose, and respond with "your point being?"... and my lot generaly left me alone. so it can work :)

if they decided to repond, reply with the afore mentioned "i believe what i was, and you cannot force me, now fuck off!" and the point is generaly taken :D
i wanted to put something intellegent here, but thinking hurt too much

(please ingore any gramitical or spelling mistakes... the keyboard at my work is nackered.. and the idiot who uses it has no spell checker, and a learning dissablity... so bear with me please.)
capidosia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Draconic on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Tell them you're gonna burn it.
Some people are like slinkys- They don't really serve any purpose, but they bring you pleasure when you push them down the stairs
Draconic
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Lord of Numa on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:02 pm

nah, just tell them the truth, and if they don't accept you, fuck 'em
May the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster bathe you in his wondrous Mercy, Love, and Garlic Sauce!
May He bless MP3 Fiesta and their noodlicious music bargains!
May He also watch over Roffleopolis and touch it with his marvelous Noodly Appendages.

RAmen
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 am

That is actually advisable, and maybe justified.

Who knows what damage fundie-talk can do to a small, impressionable child?

Good on you fer breaking away, m8.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby Lord of Numa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 am

You are correct. I think that the thing that turned me away from my faith in God the most was the realization that I believed in God because I was raised to believe in God. Had I been raised to believe in Islam, I would, and I would consider Christianity to be the false religion.

That is the problem with exclusive religions. Once you understand that, you can see how they are all bullshit.

I am pretty sure that I am an atheist, or, at least, an agnostic. However, when comparing Deism with Theism, it isn't hard to see which one makes more sense.

I go to a Christian school, and when word leaks out that I don't believe in their God, then there might be a problem. With only 4 months left, I may be able to pass unnoticed. However, my mother found this site last night (I had left the page open) and I am pretty sure she knows that I don't believe in God.
May the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster bathe you in his wondrous Mercy, Love, and Garlic Sauce!
May He also watch over Roffleopolis and touch it with his marvelous Noodly Appendages.

RAmen
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 am

Lord of Numa wrote:I guess I am pretty lucky. I became an atheist not too long ago, and I graduate from High School in 4 months. I don't have to tell them. I won't lie about it though, if they happen to find my Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris books (which I am not hiding).

Anyways, since this is a satirical spoof, it may not mean anything to them. Tell them that you are reading it to strengthen your faith, as many Christians would do. I used to a be a Christian, and I used to do the same thing.

If that doesn't work, you could always follow my other path, which includes doing the following things (in any particular order):

1) reminding them that your faith is your business
2) reminding them that faith cannot be forced or coerced
3) yelling "Fuck you!" many times (has worked for me, but only because of my... unique.... circumstances)
4) running away for extended periods of time, giving them a chance to remember why they loved you in the first place (easiest if you can drive and/or have a place to stay at. I usually just chill at one of my friends' house)

Yarr Lordy ! , Perhaps such a confrontational approach be not the wisest course of action . Your parents simply wish the best for you , in their eyes , their little baby boy is hell bent and they would rather wish to see you later in heaven .
No matter how absurd this may be to you now , a time may come when you may be faced with a child who believes you are out of touch of reality or truth or whatever .
Try looking at things from their perspective , attempt a bit diplomacy with them , remember when everyone else turns from you your family is always there to support you . Driving a wedge at this point in your life while under their roof may tear down any bridges to paths of understanding .

Cheers and good luck matey !
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Lord of Numa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 am

Yes, a very good point.

Let it be known, however, that I have decent ties with my mother. You see, she divorced my father when I was only 1, and remarried when I was 3. My step-dad has consistently been a jackass to me all of my life, and, so, at this point, my goal is simply to remove myself from this situation.

But, yes, in the traditional family setting, my way of doing things will do more harm then good.

RAmen
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:28 pm

In all honesty, it's strictly your business what religion you have.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

where to buy

Postby pirateanarchist on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:26 pm

hey kid, if ye have not yet gotten the book, i'll be willin to use me b&n giftcard to get it for ye, and send it yer way. hell i may even buy a copy to donate to me local library!
arr
I have a gift card to barnes and nobles, and i'll buy the gospel online from them so long as I know the proceeds will go to our fundraising. I know anything I get from amazon.com what is FSM related will go to the fundraising, also the t-sirts and stuff from cafepress; but i don't have a giftcard for those sites nor do i have a credit card. I'll be plunderin some good booty soon and you know i'll be wantin me FSM stuff, but untill then I want to make sure if i buy the Gospel of the FSM at B&N that it will contribute to the effort here.
Pirates Do It For The Rum
Ramen

anarchyinaction.piczo.com
pirateanarchist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: How could I get a copy of theis book without my parents find

Postby MrStoffy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Aye! We need to put the Gospel in more libraries! On the account of getting the book, If Pirate can't get it to you, ask for it as a gift from a friend for your birthday or something. That way, it's just a gift!
MrStoffy
Ziti Zealot

Postby MonkeysInACan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Ok heres what you do!
Find someone selling it on ebay that accepts Money Orders (You can get them at your Post Office) buy it then have it shipped to a friend's house, or your own house if you're not worried about your parents opening it.
And that is how its done :wink:
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Get a taxi and go to the big book store. There you are. Yarr.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Re:

Postby lari on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Lord of Numa wrote:You are correct. I think that the thing that turned me away from my faith in God the most was the realization that I believed in God because I was raised to believe in God. Had I been raised to believe in Islam, I would, and I would consider Christianity to be the false religion.

That is the problem with exclusive religions. Once you understand that, you can see how they are all bullshit.

I am pretty sure that I am an atheist, or, at least, an agnostic. However, when comparing Deism with Theism, it isn't hard to see which one makes more sense.

That's what happened to me, I found out that I only went to the church to talk to my friends, and I wasn't certain about praying, and this stuff. And I saw my mother: she only believes in God because she was taught it's right to do it without questions.
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Postby Ziggy on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

I've been sneaking around, deleting my history and being secretive for a bit over a year.

At this point, I don't give half a shit if my parents think I'm atheist. Hell. I don't even know if I'm atheist.

Either way, it isn't any of their concern. I'm going to go about my business. If they find out, (about what I don't know) then they find out. If they get pissed, they get pissed. If they take something away, ground me or take my shit away, then I would be getting in trouble for my beliefs. I would stir up lots of shit and tell everybody I could.

Do we have any threads of people's parents finding out and how it went? That would be an interesting read.
I ♥ mrgreen :mrgreen:
Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Apostateabe on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Lazor wrote:The mearest Borders is 7 miles away, and I can't drive. My parents are zealot Chrstians, so I more than likely can't let them find out I'm ordering it.
A local book store known as Chapter 11 may have it, and it's pretty close. Any people in Atlanta know if this store has it or not?

I'm only 14.

I got my fundamentalist Christian parents to help me with a Flying Spaghetti Monster helmet. They had no idea what it was all about until they looked it up on Google, and only then did my mom get a little upset. Do your parents use the Internet much?
Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

PreviousNext

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion