"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Ubi Dubium wrote:Sorry, having a rhyming name isn't slander.
A punning phrase that deliberately seeks to malign individuals is slander whether it rhymes or not.
Slander would be to accuse you of (untrue) bad things when speaking about you. Which we don't.
And doing it in print would be Libel, which we have not done either.
I believe the terminology when referring to words on such "forums" as this is still being debated.
we are a well-educated intelligent bunch of folks here.
Not only would you attempt to use such a justification for wrong headed reasons as to why I would be "flattered", But bring such triviality to exploit the imbalanced differential hallmark to systems of oppression as intimidation. Though this betrays any claim to sophistication.
Now buzz off.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:04 pm

elijah wrote:
Ubi Dubium wrote:Sorry, having a rhyming name isn't slander.
A punning phrase that deliberately seeks to malign individuals is slander whether it rhymes or not.
This is where your argument fails. We are NOT deliberately seeking to malign you.

Now buzz off.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Methinks all eli needs is a hug.

I mean every supermarket in the Western world is crammed full of pasta, which rhymes with rasta and is obviously therefore racist and scary and horrible.

This is not to mention every italian restaurant which serves the p-word.

In such a big, nasty world, is it any wonder young eli is so angry? We need to buy him a cake.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby lordpunkmonk on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 pm

but wouldn't that be slander against people with the name jake?
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:12 am

elijah wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:If you find the idea or the name "Pastafarian" offensive to you - don't frequent places it is used.
Not only is the term being thrust specifically into places frequented by Rastafarians as a tactic of its aggressive repression not to be tolerated, but compromising movement on account of any manifestations of such motives is cowardice its perpetrators then demand for appeasement.

Can you cite an example (and by cite, I mean you need to cite sources) of Rastas being singled out?

Rather adherents to your Church seem to think a term offensive to members of the Rastafari movement refers to them.

I'm sorry, are you Rasta? I just want a straight yes or no, since I was under the impression that this whole shindig started when you claimed that Pastafarianism was offensive to Christians, because it draws attention to Rastafari, which suggests that Haile Selassie was the earthly manifestation of God, or Jah, which was slander against Jesus.

...should reject "isms and schisms"
Since this has been mentioned three times let it be known that the term Pastafarian exists as slander regardless of it or any other word's agentive ending or suffix.

Sigh. By rejecting "isms and schisms," you deny the validity of the term, and thus, it's nature as an offense. It's just a word.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby dbutler on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:28 pm

elijah wrote:Religion as an inseparable aspect of ones being is a right globally defended.

*is a right which USED to be globally defended. My personal view is to let people believe what they want so long as it doesn't affect me, but more and more frequently these days it is beginning to affect, maybe not me but thousands of other people out there who are the victims of suffering at the hands of those who are driven by the religious aspect of their beings.
dbutler
Ziti Zealot

Postby elijah on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:24 pm

By rejecting "isms and schisms," you deny the validity of the term, and thus, it's nature as an offense.

An -an or -ism suffixation here is but a further degradation of previous slight.
victims of suffering at the hands of those who are driven by the religious aspect of their beings.

Fall out for the freedom's support is such abuse.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:31 pm

I noticed you failed to answer my question. Are you or are you not Rasta?
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby elijah on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Whether or not I hold the term Pastafarian as slanderous to Jesus Christ is inconsequential.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Aha! I have him figured out! Elijah is actually Sarah Palin!

He does not answer the questions he is asked, intead, he answers the ones he wishes had been asked.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:03 pm

elijah wrote:Whether or not I hold the term Pastafarian as slanderous to Jesus Christ is inconsequential.

It's an easy question, mate. Yes or no. Simple as that.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DaveL on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 am

ZOMFG is this thread still going? Well quite frankly I'm offended that youse are offended that Elijah is offended. :D

Can we draw a truce this argument is an...

Carry on then...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby elijah on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Ubi Dubium wrote:He does not answer the questions he is asked, intead, he answers the ones he wishes had been asked.

Can I respond to that?
Since the confused impressions presented do not demonstrate a needful relevance for the such information to become admissible, my previous refusal remains.
I would not call the question "easy", even if because of the nomenclatural nonsensicality with which it has thus far been posed. I agree that the arguments made have defined failure, so then no truce is necessary.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby lordpunkmonk on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Answer the god damned question.

are you a rastafarian or not?
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby stott_s on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 pm

OMFG, I have been away a long time for one reason or another, and I can't believe this thread is STILL running! Why are you all feeding this thing?
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).
stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts