GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HUMOR"

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HUMOR"

Postby Arsonistxx77 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 am

Greetings fellow Pastafarians!

Today I was at my local Barnes and Noble to pick up a book for a friend. With the crazy post-Thanksgiving sales going on, I decided to go look around in the humor section to see if I could get a few laughs as I waited to the lines to die down. As the title may have given away, I found the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in THE HUMOR SECTION. Now, some people may have seen out holy lore and taken it as a joke due to it's immense wonder and uniqueness; however, I don't find this very "humorous", if you will. So on behalf of the Pastafarians worldwide, please take the time to send a complaint to customer service about this topic. Soon, I'll come up with a long one that you'll simply be able to copy and paste into an email for your convenience, but I don't have time for that currently. Thank you all for reading and keep the forum posts coming!
Arsonistxx77
Conchigliette Convert

Re: GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HUMOR"

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:36 pm

It is a disgrace if someone classifies as “humor” the fundamental book of the only true religion on the Earth today.
:fsm:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Postby GreenRain22 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes, I noticed that too. I looked in philosophy for my copy and found none, asked the lady at the desk, and she showed me where it was, next to the Calvin and Hobbes books. ._.

Disgrace, I say!
Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: If I were unwed, I would take you up in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: 'Cause I'm pretty?
Wash: 'Cause your pretty.
(Wash and Kaylee, Firefly, Heart of Gold)

It's a broken hearts parade
And I'm putting my heart out on display
There's no masquerade
Just a funeral march for love today
The band strikes up and they're playing a song
Dressed in black, and we're singing along to the
Broken hearts parade
I've never been better then I am today

(Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte)
GreenRain22
Chitarra Captain

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:14 pm

well, Hobbes wrote Leviathan (& a lot more..) & Calvin (born Jean Cauvin) wrote Institutes of the Christian Religion (& was the first, er, Calvinist)..neither volume is chockablock with shits 'n' giggles, so perhaps they, too had been filed in the incorrect section? (yet another symptom of global warming or the Illuminati at work?)
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM
Dan (dat haole dude)
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Gethsemane on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi,
I myself was browsing my way through a small bookshop and found that somebody had returned the Bible to its rightful place in the Fiction section.

:fsm: Gethsemane :fsm:
Gethsemane
Ziti Zealot

Postby fueledbycoffee on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:22 am

Dan (dat haole dude) wrote:well, Hobbes wrote Leviathan (& a lot more..) & Calvin (born Jean Cauvin) wrote Institutes of the Christian Religion (& was the first, er, Calvinist)..neither volume is chockablock with shits 'n' giggles, so perhaps they, too had been filed in the incorrect section? (yet another symptom of global warming or the Illuminati at work?)

That was so bad, but for some reason it drove me to hysterical laughter. Thanks.

I think I've told this story before, but it's suitable to the occasion so I'll tell it again:

So, I was in a Books-A-Million with a couple of friends of mine. They were looking through the Humor section, and found the Gospel. I immediately grabbed it, and ran it back to the Religious section. I then proceeded to take all of their copies of the King James Bible back to Humor. To top it off, as we were leaving, a lady who was looking for some other book in Humor waddled up to the counter. "I demand to see the manager! You've The King James Bible in Humor!"
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 am

You be totally welcome, bruddah fbc...& i sorta empathize with the woman you mentioned--i've read the KJV & it's not really all that humorous--(now, if you'd put "astrology" into the "Humor" section... :D )
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM
Dan (dat haole dude)
Mystic of Meatball

Postby fueledbycoffee on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:50 am

Dan (dat haole dude) wrote:You be totally welcome, bruddah fbc...& i sorta empathize with the woman you mentioned--i've read the KJV & it's not really all that humorous--(now, if you'd put "astrology" into the "Humor" section... :D )

That was the best I could come up with at the time. KJV was the first Bible I could grab, so I did.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby SpaghettiWestern on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Andrey Kurtenkov wrote:It is a disgrace if someone classifies as “humor” the fundamental book of the only true religion on the Earth today.
:fsm:

Perhaps his great noodliness is merely a few steps ahead of us......more people visit the bookstore's humor section, than do the religion section........

All things in his will
Ramen
SpaghettiWestern
Conchigliette Convert

Postby sorill on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 am

On my copy, it even says "humour" on the abck of the cover... Stupid Harper Collins! :x
sorill
Ziti Zealot

Postby fatyjnl on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:54 pm

that just ruined my day!!!!!!

RAmen
PRAISE HIS HOLYNESS!!!!!!
fatyjnl
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:20 pm

I bought a bible a few days ago...for 10 dollars. I saw it and absolutely HAD to have it. It's changed my life for the better. In it i have found exactly what i've been looking for. You see....it's been hollowed out....in EXACTLY the shape of a 4 ounce metal flask! It is quite possibly the coolest thing that i have ever seen! After washing the flask out I filled that baby full of single-malt! :D

Anyway, the other day while i was at barnes and nobel i did the same thing that fueledbycoffee did, except that i wedged the FSM gospels in between the bibles and just left them. My girlfriend just rolled her eyes the whole time. :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Carlisle P. Jenkins on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Overstock.com also has IT classified under "General Humor".
At least it has a rank. :D
No Pasta, No Peace
Know Pasta, Know Peace

Two snowmen are talking.
One snowman says to the other, “ Do you smell carrots ?”
Carlisle P. Jenkins
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:00 pm

At least your bookshops actually have it on the shelves. I had to order mine!

Mind you, it is doing well. I am slowly converting all my friends and their offspring to Pastafarianism!

:D
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Good work!

I got mine as a gift from the gf and was a bit disappointed that it was a paperback. I'd hoped for a binding similar to a king james bible.... :(
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion