Cast Your Vote for the FSM!!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Cast Your Vote for the FSM!!

Postby hisnoodlyappendage9 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 am

such a free and easy religion
you must be the change you want to see in the world.
RAmen
hisnoodlyappendage9
Ziti Zealot

Postby Ubi Dubius on Thu May 14, 2009 8:58 am

hisnoodlyappendage9 wrote:such a free and easy religion

It isn't free! The Gospel cost me plenty.
Christians give away their Gospel (I've received several free Bibles over the years). Hmmm. Apparently, the FSM has a higher value in the marketplace than God. The free market does not lie!
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Re: What i think why......

Postby kalen1 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 am

Duke wrote:What I don't understand is why it's been put in the "Humor" section as opposed to "Religion and Philosophy". They may have made a mistake, we should contact MSN. :D

Duke

It's because people say "Why do these morons worship my meal and worship God?" and a large number of the people who think this are most likely Christisans (which by that way is confuseing because there are sub-religions in that faith such as: Catholic and Mormon) :confused: And may others believe that this whole thing was started as and continues to be a college prank. :furious: But besides that, people can be closed minded and some will only want others to think whats at their point of view and nothing more. This has started many battles, wars, and conflicts which is tearing the idea for human beings to be at peace into SHREDS! And yes its very ridiculous that our Gopsel is in the Humor section and i believe (which people don't understand anymore) that this is the whole reason why its there. It makes me upset that many people only get their beliefs from other people's words than from their own.

P.S. If any of you are insult and/or furious at what i have said because its my belief and i speak proudly for it, well then your sucking now uh? May his noodly appendage touch all us Pastafarian's everywhere! and RAmen! :drinking:
kalen1
Ziti Zealot

Re: What I think why......

Postby kalen1 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 am

Duke wrote:What I don't understand is why it's been put in the "Humor" section as opposed to "Religion and Philosophy". They may have made a mistake, we should contact MSN. :D

Duke

I think why it's been put in the "Humor" section is because when an average person looks at it, they probably think "Why are these idiots worshipping my mom's cooking and not a REAL god?" and also I think that most of these people believe in the Christian faith. (which is kind of confusing because it has other sub-religions such as Catholic and Mormon) :confused: What many of people don't relize is that many other people don't just get their beliefs because they want to by choice, they do it because they were probably exposed to this their entire lives. and take the words of others to help make them feel that they are on the "right road to salvation" and it makes them feel comfortable and more secure. Many of these people also only want people to believe in what they believe in because they think their religion is the only one that is right. Well think about it, if you have people coming from many types of religions into one place and voted who's was right, you would have individual answers saying that theirs is right. This has been an issue for thousands of years. Beliefs have caused many conflicts, battles, and wars and it is still as much of an issue than it has ever been for centuries such as the Jews and Arabs. But enough is said about that. :scientist: I believe that if people were more aware that Pastafarism is an actual religion and it should be spread out worldwide that this is NOT a college prank as it is claimed to be. BUT a belief that a flying spaghetti monster created everything and pirates are sole believers of this unique and misunderstood religion. And if this is a joke to believers of other religions, that is just like saying that THEIR religion is wrong to!

P.S. This whole thing was something well thought through from my mind as i was typing. And if this made you insulted and/or upset, I can't help with that so you might as well just sit there and pout like a 4 year old. May The Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendage touch us Pastafarians everywhere! and RAmen! :drinking:
kalen1
Ziti Zealot

Postby Ham Nox on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 am

kalen1 wrote:I believe that if people were more aware that Pastafarism is an actual religion and it should be spread out worldwide that this is NOT a college prank as it is claimed to be. BUT a belief that a flying spaghetti monster created everything and pirates are sole believers of this unique and misunderstood religion. And if this is a joke to believers of other religions, that is just like saying that THEIR religion is wrong to!

We Ninja-Pirate Unionists resent that. There are many ninjas who follow this religion too!

If 'The Man' wants to treat our beliefs as humor, then the joke is really on 'im. Humor is a fundamental tennet to our religion, is it not? Our god can take a good laugh, and doesn't need the any acknowledgment from the condescending followers of false doctrines. Still, I support redistributing the Word into all the various sections it fits including (but not limited to) Religion, Humor, Food, Advice, History, Science, etc..

Sauce be upon him :fsm: RAmen
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 pm

RAmen. Hubby and I went to a book fair, and made sure we put at least one book in the correct classification.

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Hippie punk on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:14 pm

May they be touched by His noodly appendage and realize how serious Pastafarianism is
Hippie punk
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to All Things FSM