What if I don't like beer?

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What if I don't like beer?

Postby Valanthe on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Exactly! The bf and I made ourselves some fuzzy navels and screwdrivers over the Fourth of July. We didn't have top shelf vodka, but those drinks turned out pretty good. Had a nice buzz, too.. :grin:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Being diabetic i have to mix mine with sugar free drinks like crystal light, but it's really not that bad!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Ubi Dubius on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 pm

That's one of the reasons I've become a straight whiskey man.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Can't afford it right now, otherwise i' drink nothin' but scotch!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Valanthe on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm stuck with cheap beer at the moment. Fortunately, Miller is drinkable. Barely, but it beats the hell out of the Beast and I agree with Lewis Black that Bud is the beer we've all come to know and tolerate. So it's Miller until my fortunes increase, then I can go back to the good stuff.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby kalen1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 am

I am sure that his noodlyness will find something that suites you since you believed in Him, he's cool like that! :D :drinking:
kalen1
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 am

You know which one i never cared for but drank b/c it's cheap? Keystone Light. Hey, if there's NO flavor at least you can't offend anyone!
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Valanthe wrote:I'm stuck with cheap beer at the moment. Fortunately, Miller is drinkable. Barely, but it beats the hell out of the Beast and I agree with Lewis Black that Bud is the beer we've all come to know and tolerate. So it's Miller until my fortunes increase, then I can go back to the good stuff.

Feeling nothing but sympathy. Here in the UK we have lot of very tasty, but reasonably priced beers and real ales.

In the words of Eric Idle, American beer is like making love in a canoe - it's f*cking close to water.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Valanthe on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I can't argue with that. Sam Adams has some flavor, and so does Killian's, but Killian's is actually based on an Irish formula. Miller's not bad, if a little bland, so I can tolerate it for the moment. As long as I can get me grog, I really shouldn't complain. Instead, I should have sympathy for all our brothers and sisters who cannot have their grog due to the current economic climate. It's a sad state.

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Labatts blue light. Canadian, i know, but a nice crisp beer. I believe the Canadians call it "Labatts lite" unless they're exporting it to us...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Elvalia on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Labatts blue light. Canadian, i know, but a nice crisp beer. I believe the Canadians call it "Labatts lite" unless they're exporting it to us...

And what's wrong with Canadian?? I thought that there was Labatt blue, and Labatt lite. And then all the other ones, like Labatt Ice and Labatt Draft (there's a bunch of them, I think).
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Absolutely NOTHING wrong w/ Canadian beer! The discussion was about American beer (read:U.S. made beer) and i was saying that you can get a good beer in the U.S....you just have to get it from Canada! Paranoid much?

:smile:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Valanthe on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Labatt Blue is nice. I acquired the taste for it at a Jeff Dunham show in Hershey, PA. It was the only beer I could find that wasn't a light beer, so it was something of a desperation move, but one that turned out well. Had fun at the show, too! :grin: A good night, all in all.

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 am

See, El? We were complimenting your Canadian beer and you jumped the gun. Apologize by sending me a dirty pm....
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Reverend RA on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:33 am

It is my belief that the beer volcano and other such stories about heaven are allegories. When the FSM visited the Prophet he was probably drunk or hungover and that is how he interpreted the message. Although only a mere Reverend I feel sure that if you are hoping to find a Dr Pepper volcano in heaven then provided you keep the faith that is what you will find.
:fsm_float:
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Previous

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion