Suggestion for FSM gathering

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Suggestion for FSM gathering

Postby bodaciouswench on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Lately, a couple of us in Reno,NV have started a new way of having our FSM gatherings.
Given the FSM's love of wenches and the population of heaven with strippers, we have begun having occasional meetings at local strip clubs.
Besides being a really good time, it has been an interesting experiment in sociology. We have done some fieldwork, exploring when and where the best places & times to go, even found a place that has 'Happy Hour Lap Dance" specials for $5/LD. ( Consider it a form of Communion.) We have a few beers, hoisted in His name, relax and share some 'fellowship'.
Lest you think this is just some crazy chauvinist thing, the women ( excuse me, wenches) outnumber the men ( pirates) 2:1 in our group. (It has been a very eye-opening experience for us :love: ). We've also had to find out which clubs allow women in alone or must be accompanied by men ( talk about chauvinist!!!)

Anyway, if you're up for some fun adventure and a novel 'spiritual' experience, try it with your fellow Pastafarians.

Any other Reno area worshipers, contact me here if you want to know when/where we'll be having fellowship again.
bodaciouswench
Ziti Zealot

Re: Suggestion for FSM gathering

Postby Ham Nox on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:50 pm

I have the sudden inclination to steal--I mean, commandeer--the car and drive to Nevada.
Utah is just no place for a Pastafarian :cry:
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby bodaciouswench on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Buck up, Ham!!!

You could be Ground Zero for a Utah Pastafarian chapter. You'd be surprised at how recepetive people can be to the 'true' gospel of FSM. I have friends in MO who have made GREAT inroads, and the #s keep growing.

And certainly, if you need any tips or 'fellowship', you're welcome to commandeer that rig & nip on over to Reno. :welcome:
bodaciouswench
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Nice idea. There's a particularly nice strip club in canal park in Duluth that has a pretty decent buffet on sundays during FNL football games....although how some men manage to watch football when there are live, nude women...RIGHT THERE, i'll never understand.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm

I actually wrote a short Sci-Fi story (about 10 handwritten pages) in a strip club once.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Ham Nox on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:17 pm

:monocle: Golly gee, that's amazing!
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:20 pm

bodaciouswench wrote:Lest you think this is just some crazy chauvinist thing, the women ( excuse me, wenches) outnumber the men ( pirates) 2:1 in our group.

Where in Reno are you, exactly? :lech:
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby bodaciouswench on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:54 pm

well, we live all over the area actually. reno becomes the central point. and our congregation fluctuates, depending on when/if we can get away. one strip club is also a sushi bar ( no lie) and is supposedly quite good. yup, sushi, naked women AND spiritual communion. :haha: can't top that, can you?
bodaciouswench
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 am

I'd be willing to try :lech:

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Sane Lunasea on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:14 pm

A) I have clearly been going about this entirely the wrong way. I thought maybe a nice italian joint, a couple beers... I should walk the plank for not having thought of this before.

B)
Ham Nox wrote:Utah is just no place for a Pastafarian :cry:

I should think Utah would be the perfect place for Pastafariansim. With a buddy, get a nice white shirt and a pair of slacks, grab your Gospel and start knockin' on doors. Isn't that how everyone else there spreads their religion?
Sane Lunasea
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Return to FSM Gatherings