7 ways not to make Top Ramen

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Bob the Unbeliever on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:05 am

johngalt wrote:Here's a good question though. What is the "Oriental' flavor ramen supposed to taste like? Oriental people? (sorry, just had to make the joke)

No, it's supposed to smell like China, when cooked ... :roll:
Bob the Unbeliever
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby littlegirlpurple on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:36 am

Okay-- I'm a college student.. so me and my roomie live off of Ramen..

easy and cheapish recipie

6 ounces of beef
two packages of beef flavored ramen
one can of broccolie cheese soup

cook ramen with just enough water to cover.. and browned beef and broccoli cheese soup. then add the flavor packs if you so wish but you don't have to drain all the water out..

makes a really good filling dish.. and cheap for us college students. :mrgreen:
Gecko Girl...
littlegirlpurple
Ziti Zealot

addition

Postby blackeyedbutch on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 am

i must also add don't use sharp utensils while in the dark it may result in pain in the genital area.

i guess this problem if mullified by a table but im too piratey to use a table and insist on putting everything on my lap (with a plate or bowl between the food and the lap :D )
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby stevebarnum on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:13 pm

kat wrote:I can't make it at all.

Allergic to Turmeric.

(However, Saporo Ichiban's non-Chicken Ramen AND Udon are free of it. Ummm Spicy Seafood Ramen.)

It's odd that you say so, I've never heard of anyone being allergic to turmeric (or curcumin as it is also called). It is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, what is there to be allergic about?
stevebarnum
Conchigliette Convert

Re: 7 ways not to make Top Ramen

Postby Ham Nox on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 pm

WTC? Who said ye can't mix chicken and beef flav'rin? Me lil' brudder do it all the time!

As far as ways to not make Top Ramen, I only have one piece of advice:
Do NOT let your grandmother buy a ton of boxes of Ramen and leave them in the kitchen for a few years before breaking them out to make a bowl for you, and don't believe your grandmother when she says those little white things in it are just pieces of rice that come with the noodles and proceed to take a big bite of your bowl of rice-ramen, especially when you think you see one of them MOVING...

http://www.srgc.org.uk/bulblog/log2004/ ... eevils.jpg :barf:

It's amazing that I'm not scarred for life, and even more amazing that I still love ramen anyways. Tis the gift of a strong stomach from his Great Noodleyness I suppose :D
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:12 pm

The weevils are back! :paranoid:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Ubi Dubius on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Must be Bart Industries Ramen. A weevil in every bowl!
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby bacon on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 am

:worship: :worship: :worship:
the grand weevil
he has blessed your ramen!
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby hobomatic on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 am

You haven't even scratched the surface. Wheat ramen is modern hardtack. Unlike actual hardtack though, its not cooked for a month and wont break your teeth if you eat it raw. Its not like an egg noodle, so biting into wheat ramen is not gonna break your teeth like crunching on your 1st grade macaroni opus.

Culinary uses:

1. noodle
2. when crushed to a fine powder, it can be used like breadcrumbs or meal
3. it is great used dry as a dipping snack, the airspace fills with sauces of all types better than bread or chip
4. it is not out of the question to use it with sweet things, nutella and ramen is _delicious_
5. the bag can serve as a flotation device for midgets (this can be culinary if the pot is big and a midget is doing the cooking)
6. the salt packet is mostly useless, except for altering the relative buoyancy of the midget
7. dip it in your coffee (not the midget)

What makes ramen inedible to people who can tolerate gluten, and who aren't diabetic, is the packet. Sea water is more nutritious, has less sodium, and a better flavor, and is definitely better for the midgets' skin. Bowl ramens are the only ones I eat with the included seasoning.
The question of whether or not computers can think is about as interesting as the question of whether or not submarines can swim- E.W. Dijkstra
hobomatic
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to Food