Starting an FSM club in high school

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Trilom on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:11 am

Thats true, You can wear whatever you want. As long as its not distracting the learning environment, for the most part.
Trilom
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby BumbleBee on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 am

Trilom wrote:Thats true, You can wear whatever you want. As long as its not distracting the learning environment, for the most part.

Then I reckon you guys could certainly get away with it. Adapt pirate clothes for school, maybe instead of an eye patch, a black line under said eye. Instead of a live parrot, get a toy and attach it to your school bag. Your pirate hat could be a black cap with the skull and crossbones.

Islamic students have to adapt their dress for safety reasons, ie: the hijab cant be where it may get burned by a bunson burner or pulled when playing soccer... There is even a burkini now (full length cat suit) so the girls can swim without drowning in millions of layers of clothing.

If you guys are serious about making your point, there are millions of ways to do it!!!
I am a product of massive consumption- it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
BumbleBee
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re:

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:11 pm

BumbleBee wrote:Your pirate hat could be a black cap with the skull and crossbones.

I wish we could wear hats at my school. It'd make being a pirate so much easier...
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Re: Starting an FSM club in high school

Postby Ubi Dubius on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Does your school have a religion exemption to the headgear rule? Might be worth looking into.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Re: Starting an FSM club in high school

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Yes, they do. But I know that arguing pastafarian religious wear at my school prolly doesn't stand a rat's chance in hell's kitchen.
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Previous

Return to The Cause