Artwork for the Loose Canon

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Artwork for the Loose Canon

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I prefer the yellow border. The "noodle" color just seems.. a bit garish.

But the meatball looks good for the text! Huzzah for nitpicky processes!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ham Nox on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Personally, I prefer the writing with a Meatball-colored-outline. The whole thing being meatball colored looks.. poopish and splotchy? And the noodle color looks greenish on my screen :P

But I don't really care about the cover specifics. Like Qwerty, I want the BOOK!!! Like.. RIGHT NOW I WANT IT! *eyetwitch*
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Ham Nox wrote:Personally, I prefer the writing with a Meatball-colored-outline. The whole thing being meatball colored looks.. poopish and splotchy? And the noodle color looks greenish on my screen :P

But I don't really care about the cover specifics. Like Qwerty, I want the BOOK!!! Like.. RIGHT NOW I WANT IT! *eyetwitch*

Sorry, I know I'm a bit thick sometimes. :idiot: What do you mean about the writing? The meatball-coloured one has a black outline (I know, because it took ages to do.)

So, what colour combination do you people prefer for the writing? For the border? I'm open on this!

It takes time to change things, but time is what I have plenty of, so fire away with suggestions! :bounce:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Noodle border. Meatball/black text.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

One thing I notice is that the cover is not the right aspect ratio for printing on standard printer paper. Will this be a problem?
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I will sort that out once I know what standard you will be using.

The original artwork is 1160 pixels by 1800 pixels, ratio 1.55 or approximately American National Standards Institute 'D' ratio (1.5455). Of course, the grey-blue background can be extended into a border in all directions by as much as is necessary to fit whatever shape is finally settled on. I can even re-draw the noodle border if necessary.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

The American standard is 8-1/2" by 11", which is easily available anywhere in the states. It's conveniently not quite the same size as the international metric A4. If you set the size a little shorter than A4, perhaps it will work for us too.
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 am

So, are we going ahead on the assumption that the Loose Canon will be made available online for printing by the consumer? Then I shall change the ratio to Dubimum's suggested ratio (after all, as she points out, it would be better for the rest of the world to have a gap at the bottom of the picture than have the poor Merkin's lose a bit of it altogether. :bummer:

Otherwise, if it is going to be printed and bound, I'll need to be told in what size in order to change it to that (if necessary - the current aspect ratio is, funnily enough, the same as that designated 'bible' :lol: ).

Or, of course, I could make several dozen versions in all sorts of different aspect ratios and colour combinations at the request of individual members to fit their idiosyncratic printers! :bounce:
This could be a fulfilling hobby to last for months! :jack:

Edit: Just realised that the first paragraph could be taken as being sarcastic. It isn't. Honest. Sorry. :blush:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Edit: Just realised that the first paragraph could be taken as being sarcastic. It isn't. Honest. Sorry. :blush:

Nah, nah. It's all good. That's how we roll... in America.

I would just vote for 8.5 by 11. If you really do want to/don't mind doing it every which way, that would be really awesome, though... take thou that, boring Bible cover! :fsm_yarr:
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby MonkeysInACan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

WOW! I really love whats been done with my artwork! I need to stop taking breaks from the forum. I personally prefer the Noodle border with meatball text.
Tig, I can send you the original Illustrator file (or what ever format is best for you to do your wonderful border) of my artwork so we can have a nice crisp cover. Just PM me an email address I can send it to.

Edit: I can also make what ever changes need to be made to make your job easier.
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sat May 01, 2010 7:23 pm

So guys, do we have a decision?
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm

So I've tallied the votes looks like #4 (Noodle border, meatball text) wins. Everyone happy?
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Ham Nox on Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, I still think the Noodle border looks like very diluted puke but that might just be my screen. But I can live with doing a quick mspaint job before I print off my copy :wink:

ALL IS SET?
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Set to proof-read. We still might be looking at closer to the end of May, depending on how long the last triple-check takes...
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri May 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Yes, so much proofreading in store. :facepalm:
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations