Paint.NET

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Paint.NET

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:07 am

I was recently looking to do something fancy to a picture of the FSM for my new Venganza Steam group, when I stumbled upon Paint.NET. It's a free program comparable to both GIMP and Photoshop, although to get the power of it, you need to install plugins (nothing more taxing than to drag-and-drop .dll files into a folder). It is backed up by a forum and an extensive tutorial section. Now, i've never used anything more powerful than M$ Paint, so this is all new to me, but with experimentation i'm finding it a pleasure to use. This is my first creation. The pictures have been stolen from the web (and altered by me, as the fish was originally white), but the words are mine using fonts i found online and a little creativeness:-

Click thumbnail for full-size

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Re: Paint.NET

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:54 pm

I've been using Paint.NET for a while. It's a fab programme.

CF
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 am

I'm finding it enjoyable. As I said above, this is all new to me, so i'm still learning. There are so many different plugins for it, and it's a lot cheaper than Photoshop. I don't have any more FSM-related creations at the moment, but i'll be adding more eventually. I'm currently working on a lightsaber.
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby flatlikeaflea on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 am

What can oi doa wif IT. I can't do wif m(e)s(elf) wif MS programmed paint?
flatlikeaflea
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:20 am

I use it to save a picture as a different format (e.g. bmp to gif) without it screwing up the colours, and also if I need my pics transparent (e.g. for when I'm working on making new emoticons). I tend to use MS Gif animator to bolt pics together as animations if I need to.

CF
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 am

There's an animated GIF/PNG plugin for it as well. Not sure if it's as good as other programmes, but it works.

Here is my adaptation of the Trees, Midgit, Mountain, Him picture. The trees and the mountain come from photos I found on Bobby's blog, so if Bobby would like this removed, please let me know.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations