Venganza People Google Map

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:59 pm

i wuz in Kallgary fer a munfs wun week
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ziggy on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Cricket and I rule Michigan!!!

Bwahaha!
Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:04 am

No need to visit Britain, here it is from the air:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11427007
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Bug on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 am

Added myself. Except for some dude/dudette in Alaska I'm apparently the most northern pastafarian.

Considering the snow storm outside my window, I don't doubt it.
Error: Clever pun and random quote not found
Bug
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:52 pm

I think that Uther is slightly more to the South than I am. So, you are the Penultimate Pastafarian of the North, and I am the Penultimate Pastafarian of the South! Apart from purplegoddess who seems to have disappeared, having not posted for over two years… :paranoid:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Bug on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:02 am

So together we are a good representation of the vast expansion of His Noodliness's saucy empire. I can see, on this my holy map, that you are doing mission work in Australia right now Tigger. How are the heathens down under treating ya?
Bug
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 am

Extremely well, thank you! I even got given a pirate treasure chest last year!

I am making a lot of converts (including handing a cutlass to an enthusiastic older lady riding a mobility scooter!), I was greeted enthusiastically by everyone on Talk Like A Pirate Day.

People like my Jolly Roger. :fsm_yarr:

They grin when they see me in my Pirate garb on Fridays.

I recommend it! :zen:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Bug on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 am

Sounds great. I've heard only good things about Australians. Nice and tanned people.

Convert them all!
Bug
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Ravi Oli on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 am

Bug wrote:I've heard only good things about Australians. Nice and tanned people.

Yes we are... well nice at least... tanning not so good in a land where we have highest incidence of skin cancer.
Speaking of which... I'm on the Sunshine Coast... Buderim to be exact. Map marked.

Tigger you could have found a better spot... gets bloody cold out near National Capital... countered by hot wind from pollies I suppose though. Hope you're learning Strine while here cobber.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby extropalopakettle on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:14 pm

I've added myself to the map (some days ago, forgot to mention). I'm in Northeast Pennsylvania - Wayne County, in the northeast corner of PA. I also spend a lot of time in Edison NJ area for work. And I'm originally from Queens NY, but left to see the stars at night. For a few years I lived in Tuxedo, NY (the dinner jacket was named after the town, not vice versa). That's pretty much my whole geographic history.
extropalopakettle
Ziti Zealot

Postby TwistedSister on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm

extropalopakettle wrote:I've added myself to the map (some days ago, forgot to mention). I'm in Northeast Pennsylvania - Wayne County, in the northeast corner of PA. I also spend a lot of time in Edison NJ area for work. And I'm originally from Queens NY, but left to see the stars at night. For a few years I lived in Tuxedo, NY (the dinner jacket was named after the town, not vice versa). That's pretty much my whole geographic history.

I knew you lived in the Hinter-lands North of where I am....didn't realize you travel through Jersey though. That's quite a hike for you.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby josephstoodley on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:06 pm

PantyGnawer wrote:We have so many people here from all over the world that I keep forgetting where most of you are from. I got an idea to make a google map showing everyone's location.

Here it is.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=utf-8 ... 075195&z=7

So far it only has me on there. I created this google account just for this purpose so we can all share it and be able to login.

If you want to edit it and add your location, just click on "sign in". The email is "nickeatspie@suddenlink.net" and the password is "flyingspaghettimonster".

Under "my maps" select "Venganza People" and then click edit. Find your location, then click the little blue upside down teardrop in the upper left hand corner. Click on your location, add your name as the title, and give a description if you so choose. You can be as precise or as vague as you choose in giving your location depending on how close you zoom in when you place the teardrop. Be sure to click "log out" when you are done.

This could be a fun way of keeping track of it all, and I hope you guys will join in. If this is popular, perhaps one of the mods will be so kind as to make this thread a sticky.

It says

"Hey nickeatspie@suddenlink.net, is that really you?
It looks like you’re signing in to your account from a new location. Just so we know this is you — and not someone trying to hijack your account — please complete this quick verification. Learn more about this additional security measure.

Choose a verification method

Enter the name of the city or town where I usually sign in" and i don't know it :-(
josephstoodley
Conchigliette Convert

Postby techie2200 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 pm

josephstoodley wrote:
It says

"Hey nickeatspie@suddenlink.net, is that really you?
It looks like you’re signing in to your account from a new location. Just so we know this is you — and not someone trying to hijack your account — please complete this quick verification. Learn more about this additional security measure.

Choose a verification method

Enter the name of the city or town where I usually sign in" and i don't know it :-(

Just type in "Greenville" and it'll let you in :)
I had the same problem so I looked up his username on the map before signing in. Remember, just "Greenville"!
techie2200
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bil on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 am

Meh. I tried to enter my location but it seems to think Spain is the back of beyond. If anyone cares to put me on, the nearest town to me is Vejer de la Frontera Spain. It's between Gibraltar and Cadiz on the south atlantic coast, the Costa de la Luz.

Thanks,

Reverend bil
bil
Ziti Zealot

Postby black bart on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

Sounds like a nice spot to drink a glass of Rioja and listen to Cameron dela Isla.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion