The Loose Canon and eBook

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Loose Canon and eBook

Postby Captain John Magnum on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 am

Arrr! My friends, hello!
I'm a Pastafarian from the land where the Pasta has its home: Italy!

I'm coming here to give you my work for your Loose Canon: I'm a eBook Reader user, and on eBooks the PDF format is not the properly format to read books. So I want Loose Canon always with me but PDF version is not easy to read, then I convert it to ePub (the new standard format for eBook Readers).
If you want, my friends, I'll give you my work.
Always open to edit with your hints.

In the Name of Ruote, Fusilli and Bigoli,
Cap. J. Magnum from Adriatic Sea on the Mediterranean
:fsm:
Captain John Magnum
Conchigliette Convert

Re: The Loose Canon and eBook

Postby Captain John Magnum on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm

First version of The Loose Canon - ePub Edition coming tomorrow. :fsm_smile:
Captain John Magnum
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't know if eBook is a proprietary brand or what, and either way I don't have it, but I say that anything that can be done to spread the Loose Canon around more freely is a good thing! Maybe the other Councilors of Olive Garden who have control of the Loose Canon website itself, will have a better idea of what to do with it and how to distribute it.

Anyway, welcome aboard, matey!
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Captain John Magnum on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 am

An eBook Reader is not a proprietary brand, is just a portable media device for reading books.
Just an example, here there is mine:

eBook Readers are principally 5" or 6", then reading PDF (normally PDF is in A4 format) in small screen is very difficult (you must have a 8" or superior screen).
The most common and multiplatform format is ePub, but conversion from PDF is not really simple as you can image.
But I've done a good and tested ePub, with my high knowledge of this format.

And in this Holy Friday the Loose Canon in ePub is ready and readable: here, eBook Reader user can download the ePub I've done.

Eat many and many pasta, my friends,
Cap. J. Magnum.
Captain John Magnum
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I can put this on the Facebook page, and we should be able to get it on the main Loose Canon page.

Right now it says: "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

Is there a more reliable way you can get the file to someone, at least one person? If we get it to Edd, he can probably set up a download similar to the one for the PDF version right next to it.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Captain John Magnum on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:15 am

Ahrr, these fileuploading sites are always full of problem. Now at 16:07 (Italy) the link works.
Of course I've sent it to Edd yesterday.

If someone else wanna try this ePub, just ask me in pvt and I send it on email if the site have problem.
Ah, if someone also try the ePub and wanna suggest some modification, I'm here to edit it. :smile:
Captain John Magnum
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore