Facebook

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Facebook

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

Let's just say I'm a fan of global usernames, so I shouldn't be too hard to find on facebook. :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ubi Dubius on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 am

There are 5 qwertyuiopasd's on facebook.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:00 am

So by username I mean url thing, my name is an actual name. You should be able to figure it out.

EDIT: wait maybe not. But it's vanilla, it's just Qwertyuiopasd, so yeah... if facebook works the way that would make sense, it shouldn't be hard to find me.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ubi Dubius on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 am

OK - I think I found you.
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Edd on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm

I recently joined Facebook and was looking for this thread when I came across this post from a few months ago:
Edd wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:IMHO Facebook is the work of the anti-Pasta.

I suspect that I'm the last human being on Earth not registered on it.

CF

We may be few and far between, CF, but we're still out there. VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

I guess that's why the phrase 'never say never' is so popular.

Anyway, I'm Edd Pastafarian over there.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Not on Facebook. I've resisted it so far. I've got a page on the Atheist Nexus, but that's as far as I'm going to go for now.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Come to the darkside, Ubi Dubium. We've got cookies.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:21 pm

And mafia wars? Apparently it's hard to get a hold of clubs...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Edd on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:38 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:And mafia wars? Apparently it's hard to get a hold of clubs...

I must say, it's the most polite war I've ever seen.
Crazed Henchman requested help committing fratricide.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Hippie Pirate on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Well sir, this is organized crime you know!
Reducing global warming since 1989.

Rev Points at the moment = 4
Hippie Pirate
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:23 am

What's with people sending me friend requests without a little note to let me know who they are? I mean, how hard is it to send a friend request with a note like "I'm Tigger_the_Wing from FSM Discussion. Would you like to be friends here, too?" My real name bears no resemblance to my username here (which is, in fact, the name of my motorcycle).

I'm sure some of those who send unexplained friend requests are people I 'know' from here (shared friends are listed); but few here use their real name, or the same name that they use on Facebook, so how am I supposed to know whether to say yes? :confused:

So, please, if any of you are waiting for me to OK a friend request from you, could you please PM me here or explain yourself on Facebook? I'd hate to think I was snubbing someone I like, but at the same time I worry about random people just trying to get ridiculously huge numbers of 'friends', whether or not they know them from anywhere else! :paranoid:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Edd on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Not to change the subject, but here's some information on some recent FB changes some of you might not be aware of:
They are not ignoring you. Really. wrote:
FACEBOOK CHANGES
Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people lately? Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and every……one else seems to be ignoring you?

Don’t worry, everyone still loves you and nobody has intentionally blocked you. The problem is that a large chunk of your friend/fan list can’t see anything you post and here’s why:

The “New Facebook” has a newsfeed setting that by default is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you’ve recently interacted with or interacted the most with (which would be limited to the couple of weeks just before people started switching to the new profile). So in other words, for both business and personal pages, unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within those few weeks or vice versa – you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!

HERE’S THE FIX: Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed on the homepage and click on “Edit Options”, click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All Of Your Friends and Pages” Note: This is the fix for personal pages but I am unsure of whether or not the business pages are set up the same way.

Simply posting an update about it won’t do any good because lots of your friends/fans already can’t see your posts by default. You’ll either have to send out a message to everyone on your list (which I’m not even sure business pages can do and is a rather tedious method) or post an event explaining the situation like this one and invite your entire fan base and/or friend list. You can also tweet about it hoping that most of your fellow facebookers are also on twitter.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Um... so yer stick y'face in a book? Or yer stick y'book in yer face?
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Previous

Return to FSM Gatherings