Show your Desktop

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Show your Desktop

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Play Farmville? :haha:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Play Farmville? :haha:

B******, lol :moon: Yes I do, actually. I only did it recently to fill some time, but then I played more and more. Damn that game. I'll forgive you your comment because of your link to an hour of excellent Pirate Metal last night, although only just...
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby muunleit on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 am

new wallpaper

muunleit
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:02 pm

My new desktop theme based on the wallpaper "Brenta (Trento-Italy)", found on http://art.gnome.org. I obviously didn't design the wallpaper or icons, but I designed the color scheme. I also included a closeup of my portrait of Scamp on my small monitor.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 am

My desktop at work (just the photo - there are a few icons down the left side on the actual screen):

*edit - dammit, the images are chopped off down the right side. The sun is centered in the actual desktop.

I took that one about half a mile from the old office in Rangeley on my way home one evening. Didn't even get out of the car, just rolled down the passenger window, leaned over and clicked.

This is my desktop here:

Subject to change.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 am

International Space Station passing in front of The Moon. Not the most impressive eclipse ever, but cool enough for me...

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 am

Obligatory: "That's no moon, that's a space station!" reference.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 am

It's a big screen. Larger image (still not full size) can be found here: http://i45.tinypic.com/25iokr8.png

I save way too much stuff to my desktop. This helps me organize it a bit until I decide to properly file things. You're looking at a pretty clean version.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 am

^That's even messier than mine.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm

http://ados.ermarian.net/img/boecave.png

This is a map I designed with Spiderweb Software's Blades of Exile RPG scenario editor, specifically for use as a desktop wallpaper. It is a town in a cave, with some reptiles and a garbage dump to the west.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Rainswept on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Wow, so apparently I have not altered my desktop since sept of 2011 (http://www.nerdtopiacast.com/wp-content ... now-01.png) I suppose I need to find a new one.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Rainswept wrote:Wow, so apparently I have not altered my desktop since sept of 2011 (http://www.nerdtopiacast.com/wp-content ... now-01.png) I suppose I need to find a new one.

How about this one?
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymucdh.jpg

I have it set up for a 21" iMac, but I also have the original image if you need it in another size.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes