Whisk(e)y

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Whisk(e)y

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:10 am

black bart wrote:A few years ago I a had a pal who worked at Sainsburys and he got myself and a few others into a Whisky Tasting session led by a well known whisky expert. We had ten glasses of whisky infront of us and some assorted Scottish Snacks.

I used to attend wine tastings with an academic crowd. One of the spouses loathed wine, but was partial to Scotch. Our scoring charts included a list of helpful adjectives (both pro- and con-) for noting our comments; one of the adjectives was "Scotch-like".
:haha:

A whiskey tasting would be fun, I think.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 am

I will always be ready to volunteer for any tastings on offer...be they wine, whisky, beer or cheese.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Laphroaig :love: I blame Roy, he gave me advice on this whisky thing and now I like it rather than running off to find some rum.

In all seriousness, Sainsburys have the 10 year old for £20 a bottle at the moment (normally around £30), I may have to stock up :drinking:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:11 am

Whiskey, schmiskey.

[would that ^ be easier or more difficult to say while under the influence of said whiskey?]

The discriminating pyrate wench prefers Cone Yak.
pieces o'nine

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 am

I sense a theme emerging here: our esteemed Other Stuff Mod-ette shows up in the Sports thread, saying "Oh aren't sports ghastly...", then in the Whisk(e)y thread, saying "Oh isn't whisk(e)y ghastly..."

What's the matter, Pieces? Is this the winter of your discontent?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 am

Roy Hunter wrote:I sense a theme emerging here: our esteemed Other Stuff Mod-ette shows up in the Sports thread, saying "Oh aren't sports ghastly...", then in the Whisk(e)y thread, saying "Oh isn't whisk(e)y ghastly..."

What's the matter, Pieces? Is this the winter of your discontent?

Maybe we should make a thread about Egyptian headdresses? :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby pieces o'nine on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:24 pm

I'll save you the trouble: they are a drag to maintain -- always trying to molt and such at inopportune times.
But they look great with pleated linen and too much eyeliner.

Also, I was referring to the preferences of a discriminating pyrate wench. If this appellation does not apply to you, why are your tartans in bunch? :drinking:
pieces o'nine

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:32 am

pieces o'nine wrote:If this appellation does not apply to you, why are your tartans in bunch? :drinking:

I believe HERE is where that should go :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:Also, I was referring to the preferences of a discriminating pyrate wench. If this appellation does not apply to you, why are your tartans in bunch? :drinking:

Roy and me were pointing out the slight oddness of someone finding specific threads to complain about those things in. I was just expecting a Cone Yak thread to discuss things in (although it all tastes the same to me) :haha:

daftbeaker

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 pm

daftbeaker wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:Also, I was referring to the preferences of a discriminating pyrate wench. If this appellation does not apply to you, why are your tartans in bunch? :drinking:

Roy and me were pointing out the slight oddness of someone finding specific threads to complain about those things in. I was just expecting a Cone Yak thread to discuss things in (although it all tastes the same to me) :haha:

An here oi thought oi were sub-tilly commandeerin this threade t'mayke a cone yak threade! :drinking:
pieces o'nine

Previous

Return to Food