The Passive-Aggressive Game

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

The Passive-Aggressive Game

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Some of the games on this board are quite confrontational. The You're Banned Game, for instance. I mean, you can go around banning each other like that if you want, that's just fine, good luck to you, but I will pass thanks. The Lies Thread? Making up blatant lies about the person above you? That's OK if you're cool with lying, I suppose. Whatever.

So this is a much nicer thread, where we don't say these aggressive, nasty things about each other. So I will write this, and if you want to you can write something about me and what I've written. Whatever. It really doesn't bother me one way or the other, you know? Thanks. Love you. Mwah, mwah. Missing you already.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: The Passive-Aggressive Game

Postby gronank on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:07 pm

So we're supposed to be polite to eachother and only keep our insults to ourselves?
Why don't you just call it "The British game"?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby black bart on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Oh have I told you how much I jus luuurv your green plumage...it's so avant gard...does that mean in front of the garage or something?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:02 pm

I think so Bart. Hey, are you listening to me? You never listen to me. But then you have so much on your mind, so I suppose that really does account for a lot. Meh, i'm sick and tired of this game, and of your acting all intelligent, so just go to hell! Of course that's only if you want to, as I hear the weather there is good for your back. You need something to soothe your bad back.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:07 pm

It's so nice to see that you're getting into this game. I was worried that you might think it was a bit too highbrow for you, but hey, we're all getting along famously here, aren't we?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 pm

This game confuses me. Still, I'm sure that's not your fault Roy, I'm probably reading the instructions wrong.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

You always read the instructions wrongly, but the stress from teaching doesn't exactly aid concentration. Saying that, there's no excuse for it, but i'll forgive you for playing nicely, although you don't always play nicely, do you? It's all forgiven though.

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm

You're always saying things like that, not that it makes a difference. But don't mind me. It's not as if my opinion counts for anything around here anyway.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 pm

One would have expected the courtesy of a personal invitation extended to the mods of this section. But that's all right, don't mind us, we'll just continue protecting you from SPAM and PRAWN and RICK-ROLLING, with no thanks either expected or expressed. As long as you're all happy, that's all that matters.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm

If I were Roy, i'd take great offence at what you just said, and give it to you with all guns blazing. But then you're only doing your job, and you deserve the respect and attention due to it. Saying that, it's your job to administer, not to whine and moan, so stop your puling, you craven. But then I like you, and totally understand what you go through being a mod on this forum, so i'm sure Roy will come crawling to you with a grave apology.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Well I am sure I am very sorry if I have caused anyone any offence, however unwittingly it may have been. Despite the fact that I did not have an army of private investigators hacking people's voicemails, and pretending that I knew nothing about it, this is still a very humbling experience for me.

Of course I would have invited Pieces and all the mods to the thread, if this board featured such a function. Other places I visit do have such a function, so it is quite easy to invite people to your new thread. Though, of course, I would never dream of holding Pieces responsible for the risible antiquity of the forum software. It's not her fault, stuck out there in the middle of nowhere with people who like Fox News. Poor dear...
Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 pm

So this game has died of lack of interest, has it? Oh well, I suppose I didn't really think through what sort of level of entertainment the denizens of this board are used to. My fault, sorry about that.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 pm

You shouldn't be so self-denigrating. It only leads to issues later down the road. You bloody well deserve them though. How dare you assume that this thread has no followers. Just because it has apparently slowed down since its inception, doesn't mean none of us enjoy it. I was leaving it for someone else to post, so as to not flood it with mine own, but oh well, I suppose i'll have to continue the torch with you. Let me share that burden, and together we can make this thread one of the greatest on Venganza! I hope this makes you feel better about it. I do like this passive-aggressive thing. Don't you dare ever, ever, ever, ever, ever self-denigrate again, no matter if you deserve it or not!

:haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ChowMein on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Nice of you to draw attention to Roy's insecurities , Roland .
I might not have noticed if you hadn't focused so much effort on something so trivial . But then you are so good with all matters trivial .
I'd swear , over Bart's corpse , that this forum would be lost without you .

Have a great day .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 pm

I am sorry that you have so little faith in your fellow FSMites that you would assume we abandoned your little thread just as it was getting started. Sometimes we have to deal with things outside the internets, although you may not be able to comprehend that, and we need a couple days to work up to the kind of really meaningful post this thread deserves. However, if you prefer quantity over quality, I am confidant that we will be able to humo[u]r you.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes