The faithful!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The faithful!

Postby TDKs on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I was researching pasta types, both to reconnect with my Italian roots AND to come up with great "religious" phrases ("Holy cannelloni!") when I discovered Fedelini...

Fedelini - a pasta described as being between spaghetti and vermicelli in size, literally translates as " the little faithful ones". Example: "I am proud to be one of the fedelini."

I'm also considering for more... insistent FSM Followers, or for whom, like myself, enjoy a good argument with a Bible Botherer (in the most respectful way of course, everyone is welcome to their own opinion and religion!) then perhaps "strozzapreti" would be a good nickname. It derives from the Italian for "priest-chokers" or "priest-stranglers", though of course the FSM would NEVER condone violence. It's a turn of phrase, for carbo-goodnesses sake!
For usage example: "Wow, you're being REALLY strozzapreti there, dude... Chill!"
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: The faithful!

Postby Alien Soda Jerk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Freakin' awesome idea! One of the Fedelini... It rolls off the tongue! (pun... intended?) I also *love* the idea of calling fundies "priest chokers" in Noodlese.

You, my noodly friend, sound like my kind a' pirate.
Avast Earthlings! This salty space bug done lexicon'd 3 tales:
- The Tale o' Pirate Lass Pici
- ARadiatori: Or the Gospel of the Kitchens
- The Chef of Star Kitchen Outpost
Alien Soda Jerk
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby TDKs on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:59 pm

I do my best! It was one of those perfect moments where I heard the heavenly campanelle...
Pun absolutely welcomed and I'm loving "Noodlese."

(I even cultured a piratey accent due to five years spent in Somerset.)
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alien Soda Jerk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Avast! I be from Somerset! ...New Jersey! Welcome to me shores! (Don't step on the syringes.) :welcome:
Alien Soda Jerk

Postby TDKs on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:18 pm

*laughing* Arrr, I have gone back to me home port - good ol' Grimsby of England! Pirates since back before the Vikings, my family have an ancient history of seafaring.

(I ended up in Somerset UK because a friend wanted help with the rent. 400 miles away from where I was currently living. Heh, I couldn't think of a good reason not to, and I met my partner there and Pastafarianism, so that worked out quite well.)
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alien Soda Jerk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Verily, the Flying Spaghetti Monster works in mysterious (and inebriated) ways.
Alien Soda Jerk

Postby TDKs on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 pm

R-Amen. Belief in His Noodly Goodness (and tucking into the same, in times of need) has sustained us through some of the worst of times and will provide for us in better times, I am sure. I believe - I am one of the Fedelini.
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alien Soda Jerk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Aye aye. Troublesome waves be brewing on me end o' the pond. I be afraid that we'll need all His Stumbling Wisdom to survive this coming election... for the GOP be cranking out morons that make our Lord Glob look as though a genius!
:facewall:

Are ye be writin' any tales for the next Loose Canon?
Alien Soda Jerk

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:52 am

One of the fedelini? Lol, that's a good one. I like the idea of a pasta halfway between spaghetti and vermicelli, as they are two of my favourite types of pasta (ever had vermicelli rice noodles, especially Singapore style?). Ok, so most pasta is "one of my favourite types". :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby TDKs on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:20 pm

I can if you have any suggestions as to where to start ASJ?

All pasta is good pasta. We had garlic cheese tortellini served in a pesto sauce tonight. Yum! Praise be to our Noodly Lord! I also did enough spaghetti and meatballs to feed 8 when we had friends round. I am determined to convert some of them, as they have all the required ideals - a love of pasta, beer and acceptable moral standard levels. As in, not too many and certainly not up themselves.
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to Scripture and Lore