A call for an official ruling on canonocy from Council

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A call for an official ruling on canonocy from Council

Postby StJason on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 pm

This came up on the CotFSM Facebook Group:

Assaulted by this sudden influx of non-Gospel ideas, I turned to the World of the Prophet for guidance. Imagine my shock when instead of a straight contradiction, there is a glaring omission. For as the Gospel says "Our Noodly Creator then placed fossils, hidden under the earth's surface..." and "Dinosaur bones... were placed so well and in such numbers..."

Could it be? Could His Ravioliness have taught dinosaurs to use shovels as a joke? Knowing Him as I do, I wouldn't put such a thing beyond Him. Especially as it's widely known that Dinosaurs don't like basil, and would rather starve then eat pesto... perhaps that is where this strange sauce came from? As a way to preserve foodstuffs from ravenous Stegosauri?

Discuss.
---
Darwin's Purge, verse 39.

You know the thing that I hate about these .sigblocks? Never have a good idea what to put in them.
StJason
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Location: Sacramento, California, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Re: A call for an official ruling on canonocy from Council

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 am

Yarr thee FSM did et awl roighte !
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Re: A call for an official ruling on canonocy from Council

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:05 am

I wouldn't put it past the FSM to play a drunken joke upon the dinosaurs, but I don't think he would be that cruel. Where were the pirates and midgets at this time? Surely they would have died off too? I think it would be best if we stuck to official canon for now until further evidence presents itself. It's like how the Mormons split from Christianity, therefore i'll remain a "Dinosaur Spade Skeptic". :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Return to Scripture and Lore