Military members

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Military members

Postby rock.pasta on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 am

I don't want no damn virgins :)
Semper Semolina ........ Rock

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Live Hard !!! Why Hold Back? ...... Tomorrow's NOT Guaranteed!"
rock.pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby Kiefer on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:10 am

I kinda disappeared from the fold for a bit. But the wife and I preach his noodly goodness to anyone who needs to discover the wonder of the beer fountain. :bounce:
Kiefer
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby rock.pasta on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:15 am

Welcome back, we shall celebrate at the driving range with cigar, beer and pasta upon our return from range.
rock.pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:37 am

There were a few of us in Iraq. I had the FSM on the side of my Kevlar (or whatever the hell the new acronym for it is these days). I also spent at least part of my day visiting with both our chaplain (Who was something something United something...basically like laid back Episcopalians) and he thought the FSM was brilliant. Of course, we had to discuss the differences between the FSM and the IPU.

He also turned me on to a band from England called Jade Warrior. Very Pink Floyd-esqe.

I am still technically in the Army, and go to reserve drill once a month, and gimp about on my cane.

There are many military pastafarians. I do suggest you go the the AKO forums, and look under the Military Pagans page. I created it personally, way back in the day. I know there are some Pastafarian threads under there. The DoD only acknowledges perhaps ten thousand pagans across all branches, which is silly, but there you go.

As far as people of other faiths, to include Muslims....well, I am pretty sure the Noodly One is far more open to new ideas and he is not a vain or jealous god.

As far as getting either the Pirate Fish or the traditional FSM emblem on a gravestone at a military funeral? It only took the pagans twenty five or so years, so somebody better get cracking.

I plan on being cremated, and after that, I do not really care. I nearly gave my Catholic mother a heart attack when I told her she could just roll the car window down and dump my ashes into the breeze. My wife has told her that we both refuse to be kept in a pretty urn on a mantlepiece somewhere. Now that is creepy.
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:05 pm

LibraLabRat:

Sorry if I'm putting on my lawyer hat too quickly, but you might want to have some binding cremation instructions in place. Fights over treatment of a body are rare but emotionally devastating. In Virginia, you could sign a burial power of attorney; traditionally the decisions fall to the executor named in your will. Make sure you have the right people making decisions.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby LibraLabRat on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:00 pm

I already do. Being a medical person, I have a very strong legal document concerning disposition of my remains, along with organ donation, and cremation.
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Ubi Dubius on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Excellent, LLR, you're way ahead the majority of Americans.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby metalsgdl on Thu May 17, 2012 2:28 pm

I am military. I am currently with the 82nd Airborne Division. I am deployed to Afghanistan and will be returning soon. What a joy it will be to return home to my wife. :fsm_rock:
metalsgdl
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu May 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to the aboard! Stay safe and thank you for your service. Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Misfit-farian on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:49 am

Marine SSGT located in 29palms
I actually just made a facebook page for us military pastafarians

http://www.facebook.com/MilitaryPastafarians :welcome:
Misfit-farian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Animalzilla on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 am

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I be in the UK Military, served in the great sea of sand called Afghanistan, sailed back to the Uk only to sail to the Falklands, now I've sailed all the way to the USA in a skyship for 3 months, It would appeear I be a land lover !! :furious:
Animalzilla
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to FSM Gatherings