Watcha listenin' to?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Watcha listenin' to?

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 am

I am listening to Richard and Linda Thompson's "Pour down like silver" album...you were right Roy, it's beautiful. I had heard it before, many years ago, but never got around to purchasing it.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:32 am

I am also listening to Cameron de la Isla.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm running through the track listing for Kerrang 3 on Youtube. I find it hard to believe it was released in 2002.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Lately I've been listening to Scissor Sisters's "Ta-Dah" album (standard, no bonus tracks) that Ashley lent me. It's quite simply the gayest music I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Ashley and I want to get more of them some day.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:42 am

Richard Hawley

Standing at the Sky's Edge
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby la la on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 am

If you like "Ta-Dah" ADoS, I would definitely recommend getting more Scissor Sisters music, it's fun and funky and has some very good beats, and then every now and then it turns quite tender and soulful, which is great in terms of variety. The first track on their debut album (just called "Scissor Sisters") is "I don't feel like dancin'" and it has a great Elton John sound to it, thanks to the fact that he co-wrote it and filled in on piano. And "Filthy/Gorgeous" is a great track, sexy and dirty at the same time. One of my favourite bands!

I just started listening to a Band of Skulls album that my sister lent to me, and although I wasn't sure about it at first, I think it's starting to grow on me...
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 am

"I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" is actually the first track on "Ta-Dah". :idiot: Great song.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby la la on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 am

Shoot, you're quite right ADoS, I do apologise - my bad! I don't even have a good excuse for losing the plot completely there, it's just inexcusable. Sometimes I just don't know where my brain goes. Sorry!
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:04 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Warren McIntyre and the Starry Skies.

It's pretty obscure, you've probably never heard of it.
:hipster_fsm:
Just as well I had been listening to them.

Filling in for their drummer tonight.

*gulp*
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm

* YouTubes for "Warren McIntyre and the Starry Skies" *

Nice.

I heard distinctive percussion, but no outrageous, tour de force drum solos, so you should be OK. :haha:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, I didn't screw up badly.

It was a typical Saturday night in Glasgow, the beer and fists were flying, so we had to make some serious noise up there. I haven't played a gig that loud with drums that weren't miked up for several years. I'm tired now - a little lie down is called for, I feel.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:54 am

I can do drums on my ipad.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Hardknox. I was bored and watching Offspring music videos on Youtube when up pops a link to Fire Like This, cue me downloading the rest of the album to give it a go.

So far I really like it, it's like Fat of the Land-era Prodigy but more chaotic with samples all over the place.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:03 am

The theme music for ' Untamed World ' , I have mourned the show's cancellation for over three decades and thought every episode lost .

The theme popped up on YouTube recently , although the sound is of poor quality at least it still exists .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors