Watcha listenin' to?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Watcha listenin' to?

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 am

Glad Girls, by Guided By Voices. I have to learn it for a gig next Saturday.

The girl I'm playing with doesn't read or write music, she plays left-handed guitar, except she plays a right-handed guitar upside-down, and she likes to use tunings. I don't stand a chance of 'reading' her left - I mean right - hand to get the chords, I will just have to hope she sticks to the arrangement we played at the rehearsal. Which is by no means a given.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 am

Robby Roadsteamer - This Album Syncs Up With Toejam & Earl

My brother bought me this a few weeks ago because it had a game I like on the cover. I haven't listened yet, but I listened to a few of the snippets on that Amazon.com page.

Needless to say, it doesn't really sync up with Toejam & Earl. It might sync up pretty well with a bong though. :idiot:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby la la on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 am

Just discovered Third Eye Blind. Not sure if I like it yet or not, I think I'll have to listen to it for another day or two before I decide.
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 am

I only know that one song, "Semi-Charmed Life". Nobody seems to understand what it's really about. Yes, it's obviously about heroin, everyone thinks that's the big surprise, but I think there's more to it than just being about heroin addiction.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Robby Roadsteamer - This Album Syncs Up With Toejam & Earl

My brother bought me this a few weeks ago because it had a game I like on the cover. I haven't listened yet, but I listened to a few of the snippets on that Amazon.com page.

Needless to say, it doesn't really sync up with Toejam & Earl. It might sync up pretty well with a bong though. :idiot:

I loved Toejam and Earl on the SNES. I can still remember the music...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 pm

It was composed by a man named John Baker. I have the music ripped from the Sega Genesis cartridges for the first game and the first sequel, but I haven't yet gotten around to translating it into MP3 format like I did for Shaun Hollingworth's soundtrack to Wiz'N'Liz, which is absolutely wonderful. I do have MP3s of the TJ&E music, but I recorded them with a microphone next to the TV so they're not high quality.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Roy Hunter

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby black bart on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am

The Ruts 'Babylon's Burning'.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Arkaeon on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 am

"The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace... wacky '70's!

I like to keep a few "gems" like that just to break up the sensee of higher art in my itunes:)
Arkaeon
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Wonderful tonight by Clapton.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 am

^That would be a good one to request at a teacher's disco on a cold December Night... :lech:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm

black bart wrote:^That would be a good one to request at a teacher's disco on a cold December Night... :lech:

:haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 am

daftbeaker wrote:[emo]Augustana - Boston[/emo]

I thought it was the group 'Boston' from the 1980s :lol:
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors