Beer

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Beer

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:29 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Captain Mosey. Ain't ye knows ye skripchure, matey? :whip:
Could be Captain Mosely from "Call of Duty: Black Ops"? According to The Boy anyway...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Yesterday Ashley bought me a bottle of Kirin 0.00% ABV beer from Japan. It was tasty. Much, much better than O'Doul's, the only other nonalcoholic beer I've had.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Yesterday Ashley bought me a bottle of Kirin 0.00% ABV beer from Japan. It was tasty. Much, much better than O'Doul's, the only other nonalcoholic beer I've had.

Look at the very first post in this thread - it's all about non-alcoholic beers. Although I have been off the wagon for a while, I still drink non-alcoholic when I am out. I am usually driving, and I just don't like being intoxicated when I'm out of the house any more for some reason.

Recent discoveries are Furstenburg and, as you said, Kirin. Both lovely, and Furstenburg is available on draught in one of my favourite bars in Glasgow. I haven't been out for a beer in my new hometown yet, I suspect that non-alcoholic drinks in a pub are a theoretical possibility, but in no way a reality.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Innis and Gunn making strides in US market

A 178 per cent leap in sales in the US helped the company to turn over a total of £7.5 million in 2011. Exports now account for 77 per cent of turnover.

Now if they would only bottled their beer in brown bottles and not clear ones. :furious:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh I do like Innis and Gunn beer. I'm especially fond of their rum cask beer (beer that is then matured in used rum casks) - a very rich and complex flavour.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Penguins :love:

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Not bad.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby PKMKII on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 am

daftbeaker wrote:Penguins :love:

It does not appear that MotP is available stateside. Unfortunate, because a stout made with wheat, coriander, and orange zest sounds delicious.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Well, it's not really beer but I got a bottle of ginger wine from Sainsbury's. £3.50 and it's rather tasty, it reminds me of a cross between Jagermeister and Martini Rosso.

I have to say I like this stuff. It facilitates spirit drinking without the cost (and getting hammered, given it's about 13%) of whisky and also removes the constant needing-a-slash of beer. Plus it tastes nice :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 am

That stout looks good and it reminds me of my idiotic 'Penguin Graffiti' campaign when I was in school.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Bluepoint pumpkin ale. Not as good as Southern Tier Pumking.

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am

I enjoyed a pint of Ringwood's Boondoggle Blonde Ale the other day.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 am

Good reason to work towards a Nobel Prize: Free Beer!

After [Niels Bohr] won the Nobel Prize in 1922, the Carlsberg brewery gave him a gift – a house located next to the brewery. And the best perk of the house? It had a direct pipeline to the brewery so that Bohr had free beer on tap whenever he wanted.

PKMKII

Postby DavidH on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 am

Stopped for dinner at The Plough, near Swindon and had a couple of pints of Arkell's Noel Ale. One of the tastiest bitters I've had in ages.

BTW, Brits, you might like The Plough which is just off the M4 junction 15, on the Marlborough road. Excellent food and real ales. Around halfway on your journey from Wales, Bart, and only 200 yards off the motorway.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am

DavidH wrote:Stopped for dinner at The Plough, near Swindon and had a couple of pints of Arkell's Noel Ale. One of the tastiest bitters I've had in ages.

BTW, Brits, you might like The Plough which is just off the M4 junction 15, on the Marlborough road. Excellent food and real ales. Around halfway on your journey from Wales, Bart, and only 200 yards off the motorway.

I shall take note. We just came back from Wales yesterday funnily enough. Both Severn Bridges were closed for much of the day but luckily by the time we got to the new bridge it was open again.

I shall be drinking either "Traitor's Gate" or "Jack Frost" tonight at the quiz.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Food