CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 am

I spent the entire series hiding behind the sofa...they had Yetis!

:shocked:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:42 am

It appears that I cannot sleep in my bed . If I do I am in for a whole lotta torture .
So I am spending most of my days in a lazy boy being punctured by a feline while doing whatever i can to not puke out my internal organs or destroy my digestive system with stomach acid .

I am watching a lot of Discovery , TVO, OLN and Documentaries . I am tired of fluff on the telly . When does Dr.Who come back on !?
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Michel Roux prattling on about Escoffier. It's actually quite interesting.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 am

I'm a Celebrity get me Outta Here...does anyone ever wonder where all those little cockroaches are going. :shocked:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

black bart wrote:I'm a Celebrity get me Outta Here...

:shocked: You are indeed a lost cause, Bart. A lost cause. :whip:

Tom Baker was a great Doctor Who, and was my first (just). I've watched every televised episode since then, and have watched quite a few older ones as and when they were repeated*, so consider myself a minor authority on Who lore. To correct you, PoN, the Doctor was indeed a lothario, travelling across time to escape his ex-girlfriends and his quite literally astronomical alimony payments. :moon: :haha:

* I also have a few (...) on DVD.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Rainswept on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Wow. Some mad genius cast Harlan Ellison guest star as himself on the new Scooby Doo cartoon. What percentage of people are going to see that cartoon and understand that reference? It's just beautiful.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby black bart on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

We have a fun TV programme called "Room 101" in which 3 celebrity guests try to get their chosen pet hate dropped into "Room 101". Last week actor/comedian/physicist Ben Miller succeeded in putting 'Homeopathy' into "Room 101"...Hurragh! He's a very clever chap is Ben Miller.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rainswept on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Just watched the first 2 series of "Sherlock". Enjoyed it.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby black bart on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:05 am

Rainswept wrote:Just watched the first 2 series of "Sherlock". Enjoyed it.

Yes the casting is excellent...Ben Cumberbatch is a great Sherlock and Martin Freeman is brilliant as Watson. Not to mention the supporting cast which is also superb.

I am looking forward to a new series.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

Edgar Allan Poe: Love Death and Women...a documentary about Poe's tragic life and the women he loved and lost on the Beeb at the moment.

I just got a fantastic app which is an interactive, beautifully illustrated and very scary volume of Poe's tales: iPoe.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 am

Game of Thrones, series 1 boxset.

Hating it.
:confused:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rainswept on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Game of Thrones, series 1 boxset.

Hating it.
:confused:

Roy it was fun being friends, but I'm afraid that's over now.
Rainswept

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Don't get why I'm hating it.

It's got proper actors, it's got a story, it's got swordplay, swearing and drinking in it. Hell, it's even got tits in it! Why don't I like it? No idea.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rainswept on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:29 pm

The story picks up a lot of steam once people start dying.
Rainswept

Postby Rainswept on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Finally checking out The God Delusion. Audio is good, read by Dawkins and his wife.
Rainswept

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors