Our Animals

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Our Animals

Postby DavidH on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:10 am

Poor little Jerry! Hope the girls weren't too upset.

Roy, the daughter has been telling me about Molly. She looks like a lovely wife for Milo - well, friend anyway, seeing as how they've both been got at.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 am

Sorry to hear about Jerry. They do have a short lifespan, though. I have a friend keeps rats, which have a theoretical lifespan of about two years, but in practice they seem to last a year and a half and then grow loads of lumps and tumours and have to be put down. I'll stick to dogs, thanks.

DavidH wrote:Roy, the daughter has been telling me about Molly. She looks like a lovely wife for Milo - well, friend anyway, seeing as how they've both been got at.
She definitely wears the trousers in the family - she's quite a bit bigger than Milo - but she's nice to him.

A bit of separation anxiety going on, unfortunately, when we leave the house. This is her first day in the house with Milo, so I hope we have a sofa when we get home. Also, she can open door handles, which is a trick Milo never learned.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:49 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Sorry to hear about Jerry. They do have a short lifespan, though. I have a friend keeps rats, which have a theoretical lifespan of about two years, but in practice they seem to last a year and a half and then grow loads of lumps and tumours and have to be put down. I'll stick to dogs, thanks.

DavidH wrote:Roy, the daughter has been telling me about Molly. She looks like a lovely wife for Milo - well, friend anyway, seeing as how they've both been got at.
She definitely wears the trousers in the family - she's quite a bit bigger than Milo - but she's nice to him.

A bit of separation anxiety going on, unfortunately, when we leave the house. This is her first day in the house with Milo, so I hope we have a sofa when we get home. Also, she can open door handles, which is a trick Milo has not learned yet.

Fixed that for you.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 am

Stopped past the DIY store on the way home last night and picked up half a dozen door knobs. Once the dogs have evolved opposable thumbs, they'll learn to open doors with then.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby DavidH on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:47 am

I'm surprised a Staffie learned to open a door. One of ours would jam herself in a part-open door and push; she never learned to back off and pull it open. :fsm_rock:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

Which is worse: Children who can open doors or dogs who can open doors? I am not sure.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Stopped past the DIY store on the way home last night and picked up half a dozen door knobs. Once the dogs have evolved opposable thumbs, they'll learn to open doors with then.
Moufette closely observed the opening of doors for a couple weeks and thereafter regularly jumped for the handle and hung from it with both front paws, dangling, until she slid off. She never quite managed the twist part, fortunately!

DavidH wrote:I'm surprised a Staffie learned to open a door. One of ours would jam herself in a part-open door and push; she never learned to back off and pull it open. :fsm_rock:
Wait! Are you saying Dom the danger Catte has a Staffie somewhere in his fambly tree? :haha:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:12 pm

fus pos.
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 am

Hay ye blittARR !

Ow did ye get owt ove Auntie's bilj dis tyme ?
Wate ! Doan tell me ! Oi duzzint wanna noze , fank ye ye wellkum .

Enywaze ..... OWWWW!!! ... Bluddy kat!
Inna hosspitil fur a fu weeks an ye fink thee dam fur ball taint seen me fur yeers . Oi duzzint mine so mush thee crittARR stikky ta me loike nobuddys bidniss
... but dem muffer fugger claws!!! ARRRRGH!
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 am

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Hay ye blittARR !

Ow did ye get owt ove Auntie's bilj dis tyme ?
Wate ! Doan tell me ! Oi duzzint wanna noze , fank ye ye wellkum .

Enywaze ..... OWWWW!!! ... Bluddy kat!
Inna hosspitil fur a fu weeks an ye fink thee dam fur ball taint seen me fur yeers . Oi duzzint mine so mush thee crittARR stikky ta me loike nobuddys bidniss
... but dem muffer fugger claws!!! ARRRRGH!

That only happens to me about a hunnert times a day. Fortunately my peripheral sensory nerves are somewhat underpowered, so I usually don't notice until I see the red stains. (Which reminds me, I better check my foot to see if that nail I stepped on this afternoon did any lasting damage... seems OK I guess.)
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 am

Oi luvs thee crittarr butts oi shore feels loike maykin a hatte owdah thee fing.

Argh
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:27 am

^ :lol:

After the departure of poor old Jerry the Hamster we now have 2 little replacements: They are Guinea Pigs...but I can't remember their names...I'll have to ask.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 am

They probably won't tell you, they're pretty cagey.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Maybe if you can sell them a magazine subscription, they'll put their names on the form.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 am

You can't register them to vote if you don't know their names...
Roy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion