FSM Sightings on the Internet

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: FSM Sightings on the Internet

Postby PKMKII on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am

I appreciate the clever inclusion of trees as a nod to the most holy event of creation. Missing some midgets though, even if you count the roof as mountains.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby jass139 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Dubstep in the uk is rather big amongst the teen population (not Skrillex if thats what your thinking...)
and I have been a devote fan to the genre for quite some time. Now this does not mean I do not enjoy a tune from Dave Brubeck (famous jazz musician) or a riff from pink floyd (no explanation needed) any less then the next.

Many do not like the genre, which is fine, its not everyones cup of tea. But if you do, one of the Uk's most renowned
Dubstep artists (Doctor P) released a song a while ago named after his noodly appendage. so feel free to indulge yourself in what is clearly a ramen influenced piece.

It may not be a sighting, but I believe it to be something heavily influenced by FSM himself, perhaps doctor P was working in collaboration with FSM behind public view.

I have supplied a link to the tune in question:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vBtUoVheY

Enjoy!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time."
--Leonard Bernstein
jass139
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:11 am

Around the west coast of the US, Dubstep is kinda on the slide. It hit really big a couple years ago and completely took over big festivals like Burning man. But then it went into it's retro-unpopular bounceback phase, and now it's in it's post-cool, mainstream revival.
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am

Retrofitted boatswain? Arrr, yer tawkin' loike a hippee, Tedward, wen ye shud be tawkin' loik a pyrit! Wot on Urf arrr ye sayin'? :nefyoobash:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm

He's in this game on Newgrounds, Effing Worms Xmas, the holiday themed installment of a fun little rampage game series. Beat the game, and either take the santa hat or get good enough at jumping up into the air and if you go high enough in the sky, you should find His Noodliness.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:He's in this game on Newgrounds, Effing Worms Xmas, the holiday themed installment of a fun little rampage game series. Beat the game, and either take the santa hat or get good enough at jumping up into the air and if you go high enough in the sky, you should find His Noodliness.

Found him. :haha:

Ate him. :cry:
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote: Ate him. :cry:

Is not ours a most proper and delicious religion?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm

You're not supposed to eat the deity. Not in our religion, anyway. We eat spaghetti because it represents His body, not because it is his flesh.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, if we're going to be purists about this, then I would like to point out that I think the proper doctrine involves worshipping the cosmic deity transcendent of all reality, which we understand in our mortal minds as a flying spaghetti monster, as opposed to worshipping a few pixels in a flash game. ;)

Effigies, virtual or food-based, are totally fair game to me. :idiot:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 am

Spoilsport. :moon:

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm currently #15 on the all-time high score list. :haha:

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Inspirational religious video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk8EANdpAj0

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby PeteThePirate on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Ahoy pirates!

I thought I'd let ye all know about the rumor I've heard that the One and only Flying Spaghetti Monster is making his appearance on U.S. and Canadian TV tonight. Apparently it is time He reveals Himself to the world so everyone will tremble before His noodly appendage. :fsm_float:

If I'm right, he will appear on The Walk TV, 10pm eastern time in the U.S. and on Miracle Channel, 7pm eastern time in Canada. It can be watched live on internet as well:
http://theWalkTV.com/
http://www.miraclechannel.ca/

Shiver me timbers, eh! Aarrggh!
PeteThePirate
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PeteThePirate on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm

For those who missed it: the TV broadcast is now available on YouTube as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Hrnlc7UBk

The part where the Flying Spaghetti Monster shows up starts from 12:42 in the video.

For the video with this part only, use this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLkTzI7PKg
PeteThePirate
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM