Sacrilege!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Sacrilege!

Postby DavidH on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

The Holy Food, Spaghetti Bolognese, has now been adulterated with horsemeat. :cry:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/uk-britain-horsemeat-tesco-idUKBRE91A0W220130211

Reuters wrote: Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, said on Monday it had found horse DNA exceeding 60 percent in some of its own-brand frozen spaghetti bolognese meals withdrawn from stores last week.

Tesco's Head Office phone is +44 1707 395150. This is how to get there.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Re: Sacrilege!

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 pm

DavidH wrote:This is how to get there.
Actually, under the circumstances I think this is the way to get there:

So do we issue a Pastwa against Tesco? "You have offended our religion! We shall raze you to the ground! Unless you give us double Clubcard Points for the rest of the year..."
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DavidH on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Pastwa: Yes, brilliant idea!

Clubcard points: No, these are the spawn of the unbeliever and the infidel! We must burn them.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm

I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 am

Pastwa is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kwidzyn, within Kwidzyn County, Pomeranian Voivodeship, in northern Poland.

What about Spagwa...no it's gotta be Pastwa. Shall I (stink) bomb my local Tesco branch?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 pm

[serious] Possible explanation as to why horse meat entered the UK human food chain?

Auntie wrote:Disinewed meat (DSM) was introduced in the the UK in the 1990s as a replacement for mechanically recovered meat (MRM). Sometimes called "pink slime", MRM was formed by removing residual meat from animal bones using high pressure water...

...But in April last year, the European Commission told the FSA that it no longer regarded DSM as a form of meat and it would have to reclassify it as MRM, which meant it could no longer be used in low-cost meat items.

DavidH will be delighted to know it's all Europe's fault, for attempting to make us eat food instead of pink slime. [/serious]
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:DavidH will be delighted to know it's all Europe's fault, for attempting to make us eat food instead of pink slime.

I work with a bloke that has had a long and varied career. The two things he refuses to partake of, after working in certain factories, are supermarket hamburgers and cheap cigarettes (I forget which brand in particular he mentioned). The phrase 'floor sweepings' was used literally.

Having said, I'm still quite happy eating supermarket burgers, just not the really cheap ones because they don't taste of anything. I've been eating rubbish food and drinking (allegedly) dead-pigeon-contaminated tapwater for years and I've probably had the fewest (unscheduled) sick days in the whole department :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Temp0ral on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm

daftbeaker wrote:I've probably had the fewest (unscheduled) sick days in the whole department :idiot:

His co-workers often wonder about the unusual amount of scheduled sick days.
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

I think we should go with "Pastawa", to avoid any confusion.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm

DavidH wrote:The Holy Food, Spaghetti Bolognese, has now been adulterated with horsemeat. :cry:

Surely that should be spaghetti bolog-neighs

Now with added Shergar*

:whistle:

CF

*Shergar was the name of a famous race horse
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:05 pm

^ It's more fillyng than regular bologna...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Helium Hands on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Why are people eq-whining (eq-uining?) about this? It's better than pink slime, and is a delicacy in some parts of the world.
"You bypassed the Maginot line of logic and rationality and annexed the Sudetenland of irrational comparisons!"
-Unattrib

"We live in a world where John Lennon was murdered, yet Barry Manilow continues to put out fucking albums. God-dammit! If you're gonna kill somebody, have some fucking taste. I'll drive you to Kenny Rogers' house."
-Bill Hicks

I have come to love the "foe" feature - my own private banhammer.
Helium Hands
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 am

Mmmmm, pink slime. Noms.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby black bart on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 am

Verilye what would good Kynge Richard III say about all this horsyinge around forsooth?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Return to All Things FSM