How could I get a copy of theis book without my parents find

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: How could I get a copy of theis book without my parents find

Postby artichedgehog on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 pm

my parents are like super Christians but i told my mom and she bought it for me. if she asked i was gonna say it was about some guy who is crazy or something (which we all know isn't true).
artichedgehog
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Apostateabe on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Here is an idea. Have the book mailed to your name but the address of your friend, your school, your library, your local unitarian church, or anyone else who is friendly to the cause of free thinking, and pick it up there. Ask first, of course.

EDIT: The credit card thing might be a problem. I don't know about money orders. Maybe if you can pay someone else to order the book for you.
Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re:

Postby Reverend RA on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 am

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:( I be hidden em under me mattress wid me udder good books)

Don't do that. You know the little people will get hold of it there. The Prophet has ordained that it should be placed on the highest shelf possible.
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby PHW on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 am

go to the actual website and contact the author. He is a nice dude and will be willing to help anyway possible

www.theisbook.com
PHW
Conchigliette Convert

Postby blaze8902 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 pm

I have the same problem, I think I'll jsut have it mailed to my friend. I'll pay him with extra for the trouble.
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Re: How could I get a copy of theis book without my parents

Postby Rev. Brian on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:13 pm

How close are you to your nearest post office? Many don't know this, but you can have mail sent to any post office as:

Your Name
General Delivery
Some City, ST 99999-8888

Just replace Some City, ST 99999-8888 with the city, state, and zip of the post office nearest you and have your book delivered there (as long as the place you are ordering from is going to send it via U.S. Mail). See this USPS page and click on the "General Delivery" tab for details.

If the place you order from is sending via UPS or FedEx there are "hold for will call at hub" options for each of those services as well but you'll have to hunt down the procedures.

I'd expect they may ask to see ID to retrieve your package, so I'd be sure to ship it to your real name.

Hope this helps.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Previous

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion