The I Just Ate Spaghetti Thread!

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The I Just Ate Spaghetti Thread!

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:17 pm

I just ate spaghetti bolognese. We found four big packs of steak mince (ground beef) reduced to clear in the supermarket, made about a gallon of sauce with them, and froze most of it.

It is very tasty. I had forgotten.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 am

Whilst Roy is away on holiday...we could sneak in and steal all his rum and his pasta.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 am

I'm in! :evilgrin:

But what would we do with it? :confused:

I suppose you lot could have my share, seeing as I cannot tolerate alcohol or wheat-based pasta. :bummer:

Number 3 Son cooked ravioli for everyone (except me) tonight. I was going to have spaghetti but discovered we still had some leftover haggis and pumpkin in boxes in the fridge so had those with instant mash instead. I will get to post about eating spaghetti one day!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 pm

I just ate spaghetti and now I'm going out. Cheerio the noo!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby PKMKII on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Tonight was pasta carbonara, made with fresh Spaghetti alla Chitarra from Eataly, duck bacon from the farmer's market, organic eggs, imported Pecorino Romano, and organic black pepper. Served with organic, provolone and proscuitto rustic bread (also from Eataly) and a salad of organic arugula and roma tomatoes. :fsm: would be proud.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby DavidH on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 am

Last night we had spaghetti Bolognese with grated cheese. Holy communion.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 am

We had spaghetti last night too. The leftovers are warming up in the microwave right now..
Roy Hunter

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

I started to make spag bol, but half way through realised I didn't have any beef mince. Got some pork sausage meat instead, broke it up into small bits, fried it with some fennel seeds and put that in my tomato sauce.

Holy pasta it tasted good.

CF

(Thinking next time I make it I might put some chilli in as well!)
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby TDKs on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 pm

We had pasta bake made with conchiglie - does that count?

We used smoked Austrian sausage, salami, peperoni and a creamy tomato sauce with a good handful of extra mature grated cheddar. Very simple, VERY tasty - and plenty left for tomorrow. :)
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 am

Just had the holy meal for lunch. My piety was well-founded, as the garage just called to say my car passed its MOT first time. Hooray!
Roy Hunter

Postby TheDream on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 am

Oh yeah! The holy meal! I just head it and now feel somehow holy from the inside :idiot:
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

TheDream
Conchigliette Convert

Postby emilythepeasant on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 am

I had spaghetti for dinner last night.
emilythepeasant
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to Food