Hierarchy in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Hierarchy in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Postby Dechujoh64 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:36 am

In a sorta, kinda correlation to this topic----> viewtopic.php?uid=87842&f=9&t=32693&start=0

As a part of a religion; if I may ask this question. Why doesn't our religion have a hierarchy like other religions do?

I know there is the certificate of ordination but, I want to know why there isn't anything more than that.
I would like to know why can't there be bishops, archbishops, Cardinals and the Pope.

I mean at first I had this planned out but, then I realized my first option that I had was close to impossible to do.

But the second option would be this: for Bishops and archbishops, there has to be a way to find out who has bought a certificate of ordination,then if they would like to pay a small little fee while also stating where they live, and typing in the registry number on their certificate of ordination, shall receive a new certificate of ordination as a bishop. You could do the same thing again once you've got your certificate of ordination as a bishop to become an Archbishop. The money raised from this could help run the church and the website.

And that is all I have to say about that. I'm ready for an honest discussion, ridicule, and suggestions.

And how about the Cardinals, there could be three ways that I can think of to have Cardinals in the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
#1: paying a little bit more money while also having all of your certificates of ordination ready.( with all of the registry numbers.[The registry numbers could get bigger with each level of the hierarchy; like how the CoO for priest/minister has six numbers, the CoO for Bishop could have nine, Archbishop 12 numbers, and then Cardinals would be 15 numbers long.])
#2: the Pope at the time could choose just like how the actual Pope does.
#3: would be for anybody who could show up to the councils of the olive garden in any way, shape, or form.
and a special forth way to become a Cardinal in the church or the flying spaghetti monster would be:
#4: if you are the have Cardinal in your name.

And finally for the top-level becoming the pope.
The Pope could be elected by a poll. That only a special group of Cardinal moderators could participate in; while the rest of us could participate in a topic giving our suggestions.
Like I said before I am open to suggestions for anything in this topic.

But for my last part in this opening post for this topic is the question.
If there were to be a Pope should he be a lifetimer or a short period of time (like 10 or less years as pope.)

So now I shall end it here, and may the pasta be with you.
RAmen.

:lol: :lol:
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Hierarchy in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm

I think because Pastafarianism has lax moral standards and one of the IRRYDs says something about not being mean or oppressing people suggests to me that having a rigid hierarchy is not something within the tenets of FSM-ism. I think all Pastafarians are supposed to be equal

Ministers I'm not sure have any more authority than non-ministers - they just have a nice shiny certificate.

Although if people want to reverence Cardinals and pass large amounts of grog their way - I ain't going to argue!

CF

*The exception the this might be Bobby Henderson by virtue of him being the Prophet (Pasta be Upon Him)
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Dechujoh64 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:I think because Pastafarianism has lax moral standards and one of the IRRYDs says something about not being mean or oppressing people suggests to me that having a rigid hierarchy is not something within the tenets of FSM-ism. I think all Pastafarians are supposed to be equal
Ministers I'm not sure have any more authority than non-ministers - they just have a nice shiny certificate.
Although if people want to reverence Cardinals and pass large amounts of grog their way - I ain't going to argue!
CF
*The exception the this might be Bobby Henderson by virtue of him being the Prophet (Pasta be Upon Him)

To Cardinal Fang,

When did I say strict?
Maybe I should elaborate.
And it'll be short.
All I am really asking is: why can't there be certificates for higher authority even if that authority is beyond flimsy? And then have somebody be a leader for year or several years. I mean there is somebody else asking the question. A Pastafarian Pope
and what I should really say is that after a day of writing this topic is that may be people out there who are Pastafarians (including me) who might want a higher title without really doing much of anything.(and not to being mean or oppressing people, but to just have it and to say I am what I am.)
I left out Mr. Henderson because he is the prophet :fsm_float: (PbUH)
Hopefully this may help elaborate a little bit.
AND
May the Pasta Be With You
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zac Reaves on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Maybe we should take from Judaism for a second, as I know Judaism is that during the time of a boy's Bar' Mitzvah they must to a community service project or at least that is what the temple requires where I live. What I am trying to say here is that maybe to become a Priest, Bishop, Cardinal, etc. is that you must create community "help project" or a fundraiser and donate it to associations such as St.Jude and The Humane Society for example. I am embracing the IRRYD that says that if we really want to worship the FSM we should use the money we make from the church and give it to charities. The Pope could even create GIGANTIC, Pastafarian wide fund raisers and local priests could get together a group of Pastafarians and do a church sermon or something. I do agree with Dechujoh64 on that the church does need a hierarchy of sorts, but how a individual achieves the ranks of Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, etc. we differ on.
May the pasta be with you, RAmen :zen: :fsm_float:
Science is like lasagna, you have to eat it in layers.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 am

Soze ye Mateys jess wont moar susstiffy kits ta spind yer duhblooms on ?
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Dechujoh64 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 am

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Soze ye Mateys jess wont moar susstiffy kits ta spind yer duhblooms on ?

Huh, What was that again MWB?. :grin: :haha: JK

Zac Reaves wrote:Maybe we should take from Judaism for a second, as I know Judaism is that during the time of a boy's Bar' Mitzvah they must to a community service project or at least that is what the temple requires where I live. What I am trying to say here is that maybe to become a Priest, Bishop, Cardinal, etc. is that you must create community "help project" or a fundraiser and donate it to associations such as St.Jude and The Humane Society for example. I am embracing the IRRYD that says that if we really want to worship the FSM we should use the money we make from the church and give it to charities. The Pope could even create GIGANTIC, Pastafarian wide fund raisers and local priests could get together a group of Pastafarians and do a church sermon or something. I do agree with Dechujoh64 on that the church does need a hierarchy of sorts, but how a individual achieves the ranks of Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, etc. we differ on.
May the pasta be with you, RAmen :zen: :fsm_float:

Ok, but how would these "help projects" work? Because "help projects" and I have never gotten along. I was once a Boy Scout and all five of my Eagle Scout projects fell through. The first Four fell through because of the person that I was going to help decided that they could not wait for me to get the stuff ready. The last one fell through because the leaders of my area I had to go see to talk about the project denied it; because they thought it was too big.

I would rather just do it my way with the money and then once the site is paid for next year, send the rest of it to charity. And then change the charity each year. I mean we could do fundraisers. but if you can remember in my first post for this I said this:----->
Dechujoh64 wrote:I mean at first I had this planned out but, then I realized my first option that I had was close to impossible to do.

And now I am going to elaborate on my quote. I still have a Microsoft Word document with the same title of this topic still in its original form. But as I was getting ready to Copy and Paste it. I had thought about it. Then I realize that unless there are group of Pastafarians close by with their families and maybe regular old atheists and their families; that projects probably won't get done. projects might happen in more lax neighborhoods like where I live here in Toledo, but what about those who live in more religious neighborhoods, like in the KJV belt. might not happen. So how would they be able to achieve a "higher position."

Because when I was first writing the first post for this topic, I actually did think to myself that doing good deeds would just be done with oneself. and then you could talk about it. But my version of "higher positions" was just something simple.

but let's continue this talk. Because I am all for discussion and may be in the future we could come to an agreement. Whether that agreement is me coming to your side, or you coming to my side, or somewhere in the middle. And I welcome the conversation with anybody who reads this.

AND

MAY THE PASTA BE WITH YOU ALL.

RAmen. :fsm_float:
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zac Reaves on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm

I also hope we can come to a conclusion. I did not mean for these "help projects" to be like an Eagle Scout project. I also was a scout once, but I did not make it was far as to become Eagle Scout. One reason because of that was that I found the system to be a bit medieval (Or at least in my troop it was) These "help projects" would be more than building dog houses or helping restore something (Which in my experience was an Eagle Project) It would be more of a fundraiser. I think this would be the way to go, but I do realize your point that Pastafarianism is not as wide spread to allow for fundraisers or such. The money idea is very simple, but anyone could become a cardinal or bishop or whatever. I feel as though the individual must do something for achieve that place in the hierarchy, instead of just buying it. But just like you I am also open to discussion and hope for something we can both agree on.

RAmen :fsm_float: :zen:
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dechujoh64 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

Zac Reaves wrote:I also hope we can come to a conclusion. I did not mean for these "help projects" to be like an Eagle Scout project. I also was a scout once, but I did not make it was far as to become Eagle Scout. One reason because of that was that I found the system to be a bit medieval (Or at least in my troop it was) These "help projects" would be more than building dog houses or helping restore something (Which in my experience was an Eagle Project) It would be more of a fundraiser. I think this would be the way to go, but I do realize your point that Pastafarianism is not as wide spread to allow for fundraisers or such. The money idea is very simple, but anyone could become a cardinal or bishop or whatever. I feel as though the individual must do something for achieve that place in the hierarchy, instead of just buying it. But just like you I am also open to discussion and hope for something we can both agree on.

RAmen :fsm_float: :zen:

Maybe this might be the common ground, the compromise, that we have been looking for.

I would like to keep it very simple for Bishop and Archbishop. To attain those levels, all you would need to do is something very simple.

The Long Path
For Bishop: You have to meet these requirements. #1: You must reach the Posting Rank of Cannelloni Cannoneer. #2: you must also have received a Certificate of Ordination or CoO for short.
and #3: have that registry number on your CoO.

And then once you have reached Cannelloni Cannoneer. You get an e-mail saying that you have reached this level and that it shall have a code that is just for you. This code shall have either a number that is associated with your profile or your profile name something like: (using me as an example) BishopDechujoh64 or Bishop3324856464.

Then you click on a link in the e-mail that will send you to a CoO: Bishophood page. Which will cost $30 near or far.
( near being United States and far being the rest of the world.)
Now the code that I just talked about would be used to reduce the price from $30 to $10. (All the money will be talked about later at the end of this post.)
At the CoO: Bishophood page you'll be asked for the same stuff that you had to give out for the CoO. ( you can get the certificate for Bishop and Archbishop without the code and I'll tell you about that later.) but the new things that you will be asked for is the registry number that you have on your certificate. and a code if you have it.
Because now the certificate that you shall receive will pretty much say the same thing but now that you are a Bishop. Then once you get it you're a certified Bishop in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Same thing would go for Archbishop.
For Archbishop: You have to meet these requirements. #1: You must reach the Posting Rank of Lumache Lieutenant. #2: You must also have received a Certificate of Ordination or CoO for short. #3: have a Certificate of Ordination for Bishophood.
and #4: Have that registry number on your CoO and CoO:B. (one thing I do not know is if the registry number is from an actual registry or if it is just a random number.)

Then it is copy and paste for WHAT I told you about CoO: Bishophood BUT it will send you to a CoO: Archbishophood page.

And on this page it will ask you for your name that you want on your certificate, your CoO Registry number, and your CoO:B Registry number. Also if you have a new code that you be given with a new e-mail saying that you can do this. This new code will take the cost of this certificate from $40 down to $15. This new code will be either ArchbishopDechujoh64 or Archbishop3324856464. ( the one that was not used.)

Now for the quick path
At any time you want you can get both of those certificates. ( IN ORDER THOUGH.) but you won't have a code and that means you have to pay full price.

Now, to be come a Cardinal I think you should do these steps.:
#1:You must reach the Posting Rank of Gramigna Grand Admiral
#2: You must also have received a Certificate of Ordination or CoO for short.
#3: Have a Certificate of Ordination for Bishophood.
#4: Have a Certificate of Ordination for Archbishophood.
#5: Have that registry number on your CoO and CoO:B and CoO:A.(Oh, a side note.if the registry number is just a random number then on each "higher rank" certificate each registry number should be extended by three numbers. Adding a last set of three numbers {for Cardinal}.[example: 205-787-365-247-064) or ( if the registry numbers are actual registry numbers then you must post all of them.)
AND FINALLY.
#6: YOU MUST DO SOMETHING GOOD AT HEART.(WHETHER IT IS SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS GIVING TO A CHARITY NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR LARGE THE DONATION IS. OR TO GIVE SOMETHING TO SOMEONE OR TO YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY. OR ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF, BUT IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING NICE.)
#7: show some proof(any type of proof, anyway to show it, will be acceptable.)
Oh, but you will have to pay for shipping and handling for the certificate and $50 which shall be automatically given to "that year's" charity.
Then once you are done with all of that you will finally receive your Certificate of Ordination to be a Cardinal.

Finally, about the money. Once this joint has been payed for the year. The rest that is gotten from the certificates will be given to "that years" charity. A charity shall be chosen every year.(That will hopefully receive some donation by the end of the year.)

One final thing Administrators and Moderators and those who have chosen Cardinal in their name (up to the point this has been accepted and allowed to happen) shall automatically be Cardinals free of charge.

Where did I get those Post Rank names right here.----->FSM Posting Ranks Announced! PLEASE READ THE 6th POST
Hopefully this might be good enough for your consideration.

THANK YOU,
MAY THE PASTA BE WITH YOU ALL AND ALWAYS
:fsm_float: RAmen :fsm_float:
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zac Reaves on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

hmmmmm.....I like it! I only have two small problems. My first is how small the donation can be I think some will take advantage and just give a dollar even though they can give much more. I think there should be a 10, 15, or 25 dollar minimum. My second problem is people becoming a Cardinal just because they have the word cardinal in there name if you won't budge on this rule then I think they at least should be the rank required to be a Cardinal. Now for the topic of papacy. How shall a Pastafarian pope be picked. Shall the Cardinals elect him or shall we have a have a Electoral College thing going like each person on the Council of Olive Garden represents a region and pastafarians shall vote? I am interested to hear what you have, I do have a faint idea...but I would like to hear what you have first.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Brian on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:12 pm

I think I missed something here. Why do you want to be a Cardinal, Bishop, Archbishop, etc.? If you want to just jump straight to Pope, take up Discordianism and the consider yourself a Pope:

In Discordianism everyone is a genuine and authorized Pope.

Discordianism explicitly allows dual-religions, so there is no conflict with the Discordianists if you want to be a Pastafarian and a Discordian. Being that Pastafarians eschew dogma presumably this is true the other way around as well.

Enjoy your papacy.

:lol:
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 am

Rev. Brian wrote:I think I missed something here. Why do you want to be a Cardinal, Bishop, Archbishop, etc.? If you want to just jump straight to Pope, take up Discordianism and the consider yourself a Pope:

In Discordianism everyone is a genuine and authorized Pope.

Discordianism explicitly allows dual-religions, so there is no conflict with the Discordianists if you want to be a Pastafarian and a Discordian. Being that Pastafarians eschew dogma presumably this is true the other way around as well.

Enjoy your papacy.

:lol:

No, No, No, No, and Oh, NO!

One last thing-----> Discordianism
I'm not a fan of puppeteers but I've a nagging fear,Someone else is pulling at the strings,Something terrible is going down through the entire town,Wreaking anarchy and all it brings

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all,I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon,And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon,Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?,Discord, we won't take it anymore,So take your tyranny away!

I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go,Now the world is being torn apart,A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony,What a terrifying work of art!

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all,I curse the name, the one behind it all...,Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon,Discord, whatever did we do,To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?,Discord, we won't take it anymore,So take your tyranny away!

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon,And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon,Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

But, May the pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:21 am

Zac Reaves wrote:hmmmmm.....I like it! I only have two small problems. My first is how small the donation can be I think some will take advantage and just give a dollar even though they can give much more. I think there should be a 10, 15, or 25 dollar minimum. My second problem is people becoming a Cardinal just because they have the word cardinal in there name if you won't budge on this rule then I think they at least should be the rank required to be a Cardinal. Now for the topic of papacy. How shall a Pastafarian pope be picked. Shall the Cardinals elect him or shall we have a have a Electoral College thing going like each person on the Council of Olive Garden represents a region and pastafarians shall vote? I am interested to hear what you have, I do have a faint idea...but I would like to hear what you have first.

I can agree with your first problem with a minimum needed for donations, but instead of a "dollar" minimum how about a person minimum to help. Like a 10 person minimum. As a couple of examples if you donate to the Red Cross it is a dollar a person to get them one meal, but if you were to be more courageous and look for other charity organizations like this----->K.I.N.D. that would be $650 for 10 people.

Hopefully people can be courageous and try to help more people no matter which charity they choose.

Now your second problem I shall address as such.
It would be up to a point.
If out of the 39,136(AS OF THIS POST AND CONTINUALLY GROWING MEMBER COUNT) there is a sea of Cardinal{insert name heres} that I don't know about. Then there might be a problem. then I shall say that ALL Cardinal{insert name heres} would have to do the process stated in the posts. But all that I seen right now are two Cardinals.There are probably more out there, but they have not been here in a long time, and I would say there's probably less than 100 Cardinal{insert name heres}, and that would be okay with me.

But all that I know that would be in the list of Cardinals right now would be only 11 names long. You would have 10 from The Team(excluding admin and his most prophet-ness bobby.henderson) and Cardinal Fang

There is probably 30, 40, 50, maybe even 100 people who have attained the level that I said they needed to in a previous post. That is good let them go about this process.

If the Prophet Bobby.Henderson would you be willing to bestow his grace upon thee. The day he does so that shall be the day. When somebody else becomes a member on the forums with Cardinal{insert name heres} shall have to do process in order to become a "True" cardinal.

(this is sort of what I would want, but it does not have to be the way it shall happen.)
But now for the Pastafarian Pope he or she shall be elected by a two-part process.

Part 1: Starting when the first date is set the "primary election" shall begin and she'll go on for let's say a month or two. From which a pinned topic shall be created announcing the election for the first Pope or the election for the next one.
To where we would have to find a polling website that would allow other people to post names that they would want to become the Pastafarian Pope. And they would be able to until the poll ends.
Then the top five poll winners ( and IF up to five ties for a total of 10.) would go on to round two to find the final two. For which part two then shall happen.

Part 2: The final two with then be voted on by the "College of Cardinals." And a winner is selected. And then he or she is our first Pope.
Also, let me make this clear, the "College of Cardinals." does not have to vote for either of the final two. They could vote for somebody within/outside the College
But in order to declare a winner. The winner must garner 66% of the vote.(So for the 11 I told you about before someone would have to receive 8 of those 11. because 66% of 11 people is 7.26.)

These Votes if not at a Council of Olive Garden shall happen every time the vote count reaches at least 80% of the group of cardinals.
But if these votes are at a Council of Olive Garden they shall be continuous until a consensus is reached.

My next post I shall talk about the powers of the Pope and also what I think we should have to show who is what like in a banner.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Brian on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 am

Dechujoh64 wrote:
Rev. Brian wrote:If you want to just jump straight to Pope, take up Discordianism and the consider yourself a Pope.

No, No, No, No, and Oh, NO!

One last thing-----> Discordianism

It's a pretty catchy tune and all - but I'm not sure I can imagine listening to the entire 10 hour version. :-)
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dechujoh64 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 am

Zac Reaves wrote:hmmmmm.....I like it! I only have two small problems. My first is how small the donation can be I think some will take advantage and just give a dollar even though they can give much more. I think there should be a 10, 15, or 25 dollar minimum. My second problem is people becoming a Cardinal just because they have the word cardinal in there name if you won't budge on this rule then I think they at least should be the rank required to be a Cardinal. Now for the topic of papacy. How shall a Pastafarian pope be picked. Shall the Cardinals elect him or shall we have a have a Electoral College thing going like each person on the Council of Olive Garden represents a region and pastafarians shall vote? I am interested to hear what you have, I do have a faint idea...but I would like to hear what you have first.

dechujoh64 wrote:My next post I shall talk about the powers of the Pope and also what I think we should have to show who is what like in a banner.

After the Pastafarian popehas been elected.

His or Hers powers shall be as such:
1.The right to convene a Council of Olive Garden. Once convened their papacy shall end.
Not every Council of Olive Garden shall need to make adjustments to the Loose Canon, but each Council of Olive Garden shall elect a new pope. They must within all certainty make a post on the forms, from at least six months to the next Council of Olive Garden, meaning that there papacy shall end.

1.A. Whether the Council of Olive Garden shall either be: A an actual meeting somewhere in the world. OR B a private meeting online.

2.They shall have the right to post for any charity events to happen in the future.and by post I mean to set up a charity event.

3. They shall have the ability to post something that shall be voted on by the masses to either be pass or declined. for the church.

This is all I can think of right now. This list may grow in the future
SO,
TO YOU ALL.
MAY THE PASTA BE WITH YOU.
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Aside from the complete lack of hierarchy that already exists, and the very flimsy nature of our religion in the first place...

I don't think any of the proposals that have to do with being on the forum would properly represent the entirety of our religion. There are Pastafarians who don't do much of anything online. There are reddit Pastafarians, Facebook Pastafarians, YouTube Pastafarians...

Anything that relies solely on how active someone is here or whether or not they are a forum member means that we ignore the rest of our brethren-in-sauce.

And even if we did decide to have a hierarchy, why must it mimic Christianity?

We don't need a Pope. We need an Admiral!

Proposed Hypothetical Hierarchy:

The Holies
    The Flying Spaghetti Monster (hallowed be His sauce)
    Prophet Bobby Henderson (the Quill of the FSM)
Flag Officers
    Admiral of the Fleet (Head Honcho Numero Uno: Yer Arrrrliness!)
    Vice Admirals (Responsible for overseeing a region or category of Pastafarianism.)
    Rear Admiral (Responsible for a portion of a region or category.)
    Commodore (Lowest ranking flag officer. Oversees multiple Ships.)
Deck Crew (One each per Ship)
    Captain (In charge of single Ship. Can also make new ranks specific to their Ship.)
    First Mate (For larger Ships, 2nd in command.)
    Bosun (Also for larger Ships. In charge of ensigns, swabbies, and cabin persons)
    Ensign (Experienced minister/monister)
Ship's Hands
    Sailor (Newly ordained minister/monister)
    Swabby (New recruit, interested in becoming ordained.)
    Cabin boy/girl (General all-around helper, not interested in being ordained, or too young to be.)
Ship
    Ship (Entire congregation and Ship's Crew, collectively)
    Matey/Mateys (Generic term for believers/congregation members)
    Landlubbers (non-believers)

Other Titles for Ordained Ministers
    Minister
    Monister
    Saucemeister
    Reverend
    Pirate
    Captain (even if you don't have any crew... but for each crew, there can only be one Captain)
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Next

Return to The Cause