The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Welcome, Captain.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby CharlesBarnes on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Cheers follow scallywags, I live in Oshawa, ON and am hoping to find other freethinkers my community.
CharlesBarnes
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Delicious Pasta on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:51 am

My username is Delicious Pasta. I am a Pastafarian and decided to check these forums out.
Delicious Pasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DavidH on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 am

Greetings and welcome, new people. Pull up a carronade and sit down.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Animalzilla on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, I find myself here of all places I could be during the working day.

I found Pastafarianism only a few short days ago, an avid non believer of all things holy and yet here I am.
Since researching and reading and watching the goings on I have come to realise this is the place for me.

I now see the FSM everywhere I go, not in a literal sense of course because he is invisable. My screwed up headphones which i use to secretly watch FSM videos on youtube, the trees on the way to the canteen, the cracks in the tarmac which not only have been produced by the FSM to give someone a job but are also in his image, birds nests, the creases in my hands and the floppy elbow skin in my arm ( When it's extended ). There is so much evidence that I can no longer ignore it, therefore....

Hello, my name is Dave and I'm a Pastafarian.

I've been a Pastafarian for several days now and I'm really enjoying it. I'm from the UK and I'm looking forward to going home and tell everyone about it. ( Currently working in the USA )
Animalzilla
Ziti Zealot

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome, all ye scurvy newe recruits!
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby emilythepeasant on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm

its fun living in a house full of Christians and you're a Pastafarian :fsm_float:
emilythepeasant
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Not really new, just wanted to plug the Monister's Handbook project:
http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35557
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby anomie-p on Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 am

Before the conception of negative numbers, mathematicians considered calculations such as '4 - 5' nonsensical. When defining and adopting the concept of negative numbers, a notation was immediately obvious. '-' with the negative quantity appended was adopted.

Before the conception of the "imaginary" numbers, mathematicians considered statements such as "The square root of negative 1" as nonsensical. When adopting "imaginary" numbers, a notation in which the value i, as a factor of the "imaginary" quantity in question. Such numbers are not actually "imaginary" - we may only perceive them by thinking about them, but their existence in our mathematical models has distinct effects.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is like these "imaginary" quantities - imperceptible, but existing by definition.

Noting that use of the symbol i may tend to confuse some, as it looks like an ordinary constant - something like Euler's constant, or pi - and noting that these numbers exist by definition, much like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I humbly submit the following proposal:

The misnomers of "imaginary" quantities and "imaginary numbers" should be immediately corrected by a nomenclature change to to "noodly" quantities and "noodly numbers".
The notational inconvenience of using i should be corrected by a notational change which is quite analogous to the notation for negative numbers, as displayed in the following image:
http://oi42.tinypic.com/6og741.jpg

Thank you for your time.
anomie-p
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 am

lionfish wrote:Hello all!
I notice we can make a donation to the church of the FSM. I was wondering how to gift-aid my donation? Has the church of the FSM registered as a charity yet? (I couldn't find it in the list on OSCR [Scotland] or the Charity Commission [England+Wales]). If anyone could give some hints about where I could confirm its charitable status that would be really handy :)

Thanks all!

:confused:
You're being a bit ambitious about our level of organisation there, lionfish. The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has flimsy moral standards, and is composed mostly of pirates, midgits, strippers and other nefarious slackers. If you want to make a donation, make a loan through the FSM Team on Kiva. Help keep us ahead of all the other religious teams.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat May 11, 2013 6:44 am

' an bliss ye hARRt .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby pakistan12 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 am

welcome dear :lurk:
pakistan12
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DavidH on Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 am

Greetings, Zander! Interesting username there.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 am

Spammalammadingdong. Phony baloney.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby CesareBrizio on Thu May 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Dear Correligionaries:
my recent ordainment as Pastafarian Minister endowed me with great spiritual powers, unfortunately not including a full command of English language. He will let my mistakes go unnoticed, as long as He as a penchant for us Italians, world noted for our spaghetti.

As soon as I felt not just touched, but firmly hugged by His noodly appendages, I received a Major Revelation that I would like to share with all the community. I'm talking about rock-solid quantitative data, capable of rooting FSM-ism even more deeply in mainstream science, and to comply with the strictest scientific standard.

Here are the data: for reasons so obvious as to need no explanation, FSM-ism is:
    - approximately 40% better than most other religions;
    - exactly 36,47% better than any other religion.

Just another brick in the wall of overwhelming scientific evidence of His existence, but nonetheless one more weapon for propaganda. And a smart one: our boldness in sharing precise, factual, quantitative data demonstrates our unswaying certainty that they are incontrovertible, until proven wrong.

To whom it may concern: feel free of using the data that I provided in the way that you deem more effective for the Pastafarian cause, citing at your discretion Rev. Cesare Brizio from Italy as the source of information.

R'amen!
Rev. Cesare Brizio
Poggio Renatico, Italy
CesareBrizio
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices