Hoppy Eatster to all

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Hoppy Eatster to all

Postby Rev. Brian on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Today being Easter for much of the world's population I've been lamenting the lack of a coinciding Pastafarian holiday. Just as the Christians decided Christmas and Easter would occur on the same days as already popular "pagan" holidays, it makes sense that we would set our holidays to coincide with popular Christian ones.

A friend who is reading The Gospel and becoming familiar with our religion texted me today and wished me a Hoppy Eatster. They knew it would be silly to wish me a Happy Easter, but Hoppy Eatster must have been inspired by the FSM.

I think you can have it be Hoppy instead of of Happy either because of the hops used to make beer, or because we may wish to include rabbits (which hop) in our celebration for absolutely no good reason whatsoever (just as the Christians do). Just as the Christians do, we can ignore that the rabbits are really there due to the roots of the holiday being a pagan fertility festival. Or you can dispense with all that and just go with Happy Eatster instead of Hoppy.

Eat-ster simply recognizes that our religion is quite food based and most of our holidays and rituatls involve food (probably pasta) and therefore eating. I propose that Eatster would be celebrated much like Ramendan - by eating large quantities of pasta, and/or really anything else you want to eat.

So, any time someone has wished me Happy Easter today, I have replied "Happy Eatster to you too". They don't seem to notice the slight difference in pronunciation - either that or they were really wishing me Happy Eatster to start with.

We really have a shortage of holidays (Holiday, Ramendan, Pastaover, Halloween, and International Talk Like a Pirate Day) - so I'd like to propose we add Eatster to the list. Anybody second? Maybe it's not clever enough, but Easter seems like a toughie.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: Hoppy Eatster to all

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 pm

I believe the Christian holiday of Easter and the Jewish holiday of Passover are both, in fact, ripped off from the Pastafarian holiday of Pastover. I think that's generally the accepted idea behind Pastover anyway. Ultimately it's an excuse to eat pasta and other tasty food and maybe gather with loved ones, just like all the other Pastafarian holidays.

I have been calling it "Eatser" though, just because I forgot about the existing holiday of Pastover.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 am

I always enjoy the corresponding celebration in six months' time - Wester.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Rev. Brian on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 am

I take it you don't bother with Northster and Southster? ;-)
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 pm

That gets you into the Wheel of the Year, and a whole other set of religious traditions.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Return to All Things FSM