What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Porridge. It's f***ing horrible.

Having said that, job done and I can now confidently say I do not like porridge. People moaning at me to have a hot breakfast in campsites can get bent.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Porridge is the Devil's semen. And the hot breakfast thing is a total myth - it's about the nutritional value of what you eat, not what temperature it goes into your gub at.

I will shortly be eating an olive, once I've got that far down the martini glass.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm

The trick to porridge/oatmeal is you need to make it with milk, have to include some sort of sugar (maple syrup, honey, golden syrup, or brown sugar) and some fruit. Raisins work well.

That being said, I do prefer farina/cream of wheat.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rev. Brian on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Singapore Mei Fun. Perhaps the best food ever.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:09 pm

PKMKII wrote:The trick to porridge/oatmeal is you need to make it with milk, have to include some sort of sugar (maple syrup, honey, golden syrup, or brown sugar) and some fruit.
So you like the Devil's semen? Noted.

Had a few olives and a couple of pickled onions now. *hic*
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Currently I am eating Nothing.

However, my brother and his wife and their new dog are coming over in an hour or so, at which time we will be eating pizza, and probably some beer and/or wine.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I ate 5.5 oz of fake chocolate last night before bed, and felt sick and had nightmares. Today I ate half a can of sweetened condensed milk with a spoon, and felt sick, but probably won't have nightmares, at least not because of that, due to the time of day at which I ate it.

I also ate Spaghettios with meatballs. I need to buy another can because they weren't mine. I forgot how tasty and easy to eat canned pasta was, good for days when I feel too much like shit to even put oil on a bowl of beans and microwave it. I like the Chef Boyardee beef ravioli too, but the Spaghettios with slice franks taste kind of funky. If my mother bought them for me I'd probably eat them anyway though.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Ravi Oli on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Pumpkin, potato and sweet potato soup with toasted Turkish bread. Usually taste the pumpkin before cooking and this one was pretty bland so tried adding the sweet potato... very happy with the result.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Nothing.

The Parasite is home from University for the holidays and has eaten everything in the house.

And he's drunk all my beer.
Roy Hunter

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Ramen. :zen:
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Ravi Oli on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Nothing.

The Parasite is home from University for the holidays and has eaten everything in the house.

Be nice Roy... remember he prolly gets to choose the nursing home for you.... :haha:
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Nothing.

Interestingly enough, the sassenach version turned up, put a dozen sausages in the fridge and then disappeared again. I'm sure he'll be back to eating any food not nailed down soon enough.

By a remarkable coincidence, I'm eating sausages and broccoli avec gravy, accompanied by a nice cold Kronenbourg.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Ravi Oli on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:17 am

5 min mie noodles [ramen] with diced up omlette... about all I could be arsed cooking tonight. First option was avocado on toast... so I did rather well really. :haha:
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun May 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Too :furious:ing much.

For dinner I'm having black eyed peas for the first time, assuming nobody else has eaten them already. I don't know what sort of fat to put on black eyed peas, olive oil, butter, or something else. I'll have to ask my mother.

I need to get back on the can-o'-beans-a-day regimen. Filling, tasty, satisfying, easy, healthy.

Eating small meals isn't the problem though, so much as eating three or four small meals, instead of eight or nine. :furious: <--anger at self, anger that burns furiously. I WILL harness this anger and direct it toward a healthier lifestyle! I AM in control! I AM! FORGET the pain and agony I've been through since I got out of the psych ward! It's my own damned fault! I need to get the hell out of the house, and walk every day I spend at home (six days a week), and EAT A WHOLE DAMN LOT LESS! I don't just need to, I WANT to! I don't WANT to wear only the two pairs of fat pants I saved to wear as comfy pajamas, as my daily clothing! THIS WILL NOT CONTINUE! I am STRONG! I WILL succeed! My nice black jeans and khaki carpenter pants WILL fit me again! They WILL! I CAN and WILL use the therapy techniques I've been taught by my therapist and by the psych ward staff and patients! I will NOT say "I can't handle it" lightly! I am STRONG! I have the WILL, I have the ABILITY, and I have the MOTIVATION! I am NOT going to die an early death from cardiac arrest, suicide, or atrophy of the body! I am STRONG! I am ABLE! I AM A PIRATE! ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whip:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun May 05, 2013 7:41 pm

While I was out walking my mother called and offered to buy me Chinese takeout, so I had chicken chow mein instead. Fairly light as far as Chinese food goes. Didn't touch the rolls that came with it. I'll have the black eyed peas tomorrow instead.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Food