Upcoming Films...

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Upcoming Films...

Postby Rainswept on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Future film
On March 12, 2012, it was announced that Michael Eisner's Tornante Company would be producing a new movie based on the Garbage Pail Kids, likely with computer-generated character imagery. Michael Vukadinovich has been hired to write the screenplay for the film and PES has been hired to direct.

I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rainswept on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 pm

I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby PKMKII on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Interesting. So I guess they'll be setting it thirty years after the events in Return of the Jedi?
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rainswept on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 pm

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-movie-kickstarter-speaking-role/

OK, so they are funding a Veronica Mars movie via Kickstarter. 2 things. A) This is an Awesome idea. B) Can we somehow get more Firefly this way?
Rainswept

Postby Rainswept on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Wooow, update:

Less than 11 hours after Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell announced a Kickstarter campaign, fans have raised the $2 million necessary to fund a Veronica Mars movie.
Rainswept

Postby PKMKII on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Rainswept wrote:http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-movie-kickstarter-speaking-role/

OK, so they are funding a Veronica Mars movie via Kickstarter. 2 things. A) This is an Awesome idea. B) Can we somehow get more Firefly this way?

I'd just be happy with a Joss Whedon show lasting more than 2 seasons before some TV exec decides to pull it in favor of crappy reality TV that gets fewer viewers but makes more money because it's so damn cheap to make.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 09, 2013 2:00 am

Ender's Game will star Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsly. Fuck Yes.
Rainswept

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Thu May 09, 2013 2:18 am

I hope I will be able to see it .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Thu May 09, 2013 8:07 am

New Star Trek film with Dominic Cumberbatch as the baddy.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sat May 25, 2013 12:24 am

Argo.

Affleck did a fine job of setting up the suspense (although the suspension of disbelief starts to waver towards the end), if at the expense of some historical accuracy. Lora Kennedy, however, did a superb job on the casting. It was like, "Hey, let's get a whole bunch of awesome actors. Bryan Cranston is awesome. Who doesn't love John Goodman? Hey, Carnivale was an awesome show, let's get a couple actresses from that. While we're at it, Smokey from Lost, and how about that funny guy from Spin City?"

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:31 am

PKMKII

Postby Rainswept on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:08 pm

:lurk:
:lurk: Incredibles 2 !!! :lurk:
:lurk:
Rainswept

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors