The Official Loose Canon Submission Spot

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The Official Loose Canon Submission Spot

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:That's a baldfaced lie, because you specifically said you wanted to make $16,000 in personal profit.

EDIT: Oh, excuse me, I got the number wrong. Your words below, from the other thread:

"Royalties $10,000.00
Cost of Printing 1,000 books $21,939.11
100# Silk Text Paper
100 pt. board w/ High Gloss Laminate
Unexpected bull**** $19,025.44
Total investment by me (nobody else) $50,964.55
Selling 1,000 books at $69.99 $69,990.00

Anticipated profit $19,025.44"

That's a good business plan. When you get $50,964.55 you should pursue it. As for now I have decided not to invest $50,964.55. I'll just wait to buy a copy from the Council of the Olive Garden. They really have a better plan than I have. We'll see what happens. Otherwise this is a great opportunity for someone to make a butt load of money. I'll probably invest my money in municipal bonds or something better.

Relax, Almighty Doer of Stuff. You have nothing at all to lose. NOTHING!!

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 pm

DaveL wrote:I would prefer it if The Council of the Olive Garden (of which I am a part) published the Loose Canon in hard copy, as we were the ones charged compiling it (with blessings from the forum and Bobby) in the first place. We've been using Facebook as a means of proliferating the writings on a dedicated page, as a means of promoting the Canon. So if there are new ways and means of promoting the Canon, then that initiative should come from us. I see no reason why The Council of The Olive Garden could not fulfil this task with no changing of money for personal profit (or is that prophet?). With respects to juicegiver the COG shall - when the time is right - self publish The Canon for free.

I've worked with several self-publishing authors, and I have a suggestion for who to go with for the publishing.

It's print-on-demand, so you only have to deal with the setup fees (less than $100, if I recall). Then you set how much profit you want to make from each book. Should be easy to set it at $0. Anyone wanting a book can place an order, it'll be printed and shipped to them, no further cost to us once the setup fee has been taken care of.

The print quality is excellent, and their customer service is good as well. I'd be happy to take care of the file design and setup, some of the technical stuff on the account, and the uploading, but someone else will have to take care of the setup costs.

It might be a good idea to get Bobby in on that, too. For copyright purposes, he or Flying Spaghetti Monster LLC should be the publisher of record.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Yes. I have self-published a book through CreateSpace which is a branch of Amazon. The total cost was $0.00. They even post your book on the Amazon website at no cost. This is a good option. There are lots of self-publishing companies out there to prey on amateur authors because it is a very emotional process.

It is very easy to drop a few thousand dollars on your life's work. Many of those companies know that and prey on author's emotional appeal.

This can be done at no cost at all assuming no author seeks compensation. I can help provide the information about this process or you can figure it out yourself by going to www.createspace.com . It is pretty well layed out. I think anybody that is somewhat familar with creating PDF files could accompish this without any challenge.

The book I currently have published sells without royalties and the cost is $3.59. The price might be higher if it is a bigger book with more pages.

I also have experience setting up and running a C corporation in the State of North Carolina. I am comfortable with the process of setting up an S corporation, LLC or a non-profit corporation as well if you are interested in being headquartered in North Carolina. I am not comfortable setting up a non-profit unless there was 5 or more members with a North Carolina address willing to serve as trustees of the non-profit.

Best case scenario is that there is a large following of Pastafarians in Delaware willing to set up the headquarters there.

These are exciting times in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We can do it.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Temp0ral on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm

juicegiver wrote:These are exciting times in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It's always exciting when the FSM is involved!
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm

All right, can we take it down a notch or three? Stop insulting each other. Let's give it a rest please. Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 pm

DaveL wrote:I would prefer it if The Council of the Olive Garden (of which I am a part) published the Loose Canon in hard copy, as we were the ones charged compiling it (with blessings from the forum and Bobby) in the first place.

This doesn't sound very insulting to me.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:10 am

juicegiver wrote:
Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:That's a baldfaced lie, because you specifically said you wanted to make $16,000 in personal profit.

EDIT: Oh, excuse me, I got the number wrong. Your words below, from the other thread:

"Royalties $10,000.00
Cost of Printing 1,000 books $21,939.11
100# Silk Text Paper
100 pt. board w/ High Gloss Laminate
Unexpected bull**** $19,025.44
Total investment by me (nobody else) $50,964.55
Selling 1,000 books at $69.99 $69,990.00

Anticipated profit $19,025.44"

That's a good business plan. When you get $50,964.55 you should pursue it. As for now I have decided not to invest $50,964.55. I'll just wait to buy a copy from the Council of the Olive Garden. They really have a better plan than I have. We'll see what happens. Otherwise this is a great opportunity for someone to make a butt load of money. I'll probably invest my money in municipal bonds or something better.

Relax, Almighty Doer of Stuff. You have nothing at all to lose. NOTHING!!

juicegiver

Then why didn't you decide to do this in the first place. "IF THERE IS ANY MONEY TO BE MADE FROM THE PRINTING OF THE SECOND EDITION OF THE LOOSE CANON. IT SHOULD GO INTO KEEPING THIS WEBSITE AND THE LOOSE CANONhttp://www.loose-canon.info/ epub AND PDF PAGE GOING. Because the PDF website went down and The Dark Noodle save the day and started up a new page."

But I, along with others want to keep it free. I have a plan to make a Missal and Missalette, when the second edition of the Loose Canon comes out. To see what the Council of Olive Garden would be willing to do with it. Those two will be on my deviant art page when the time comes. And they will also be free.

DaveL wrote:I would prefer it if The Council of the Olive Garden (of which I am a part) published the Loose Canon in hard copy, as we were the ones charged compiling it (with blessings from the forum and Bobby) in the first place. We've been using Facebook as a means of proliferating the writings on a dedicated page, as a means of promoting the Canon. So if there are new ways and means of promoting the Canon, then that initiative should come from us. I see no reason why The Council of The Olive Garden could not fulfil this task with no changing of money for personal profit (or is that prophet?). With respects to juicegiver the COG shall - when the time is right - self publish The Canon for free.

So, maybe now we can all be at peace with this.
and
MAY THE PASTA BE WITH ALL OF YOU.
RAmen
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby juicegiver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 pm

The only way to find real peace is through Jesus Christ but I do get your point.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 pm

^
^
^
I am NOT going to touch the post above mine. Now let us see what will happen and will the vultures come.

May the Pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby juicegiver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:So is Mickey Mouse.

No. Names are not copyrighted either. You can name all your characters Mickey Mouse.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:It might be a good idea to get Bobby in on that, too. For copyright purposes, he or Flying Spaghetti Monster LLC should be the publisher of record.

In which state is Flying Spaghetti Monster LLC incorporated?

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 pm

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby juicegiver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm going to take a little break. You guys are cracking me up.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22flying+spaghetti+monster+llc%22+location

What is this? I looked on google. Even the gods of google were not able to produce evidence that Flying Spaghetti Monster LLC is a real entity.

Is Flying Spaghetti Monster LLC a real entity? If not, why were you pretending that it was? If so, in what state is it incorporated. If you have the answer, please provide the answer. If you do not have the answer, please say, "I do not know." That way I can move on to a more useful resource to find the information in which I seek.

Insulting me might entertain you but it does nothing for the exchange of information.

Just food for thought.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 am

That's a link. If you click on it, it takes you (eventually) to a page of search results for the search phrase:

"flying spaghetti monster llc" location

The quotation marks, are important.

When I did this search, I was able to find the necessary information on the first page of search results. I don't feel like simply telling you, because you have been demanding and have made it a point to ignore what many people told you about the Loose Canon. If it matters that much to you, you can figure it out for yourself. I've already given you the key to figuring it out.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore