Spaghetti recipes?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Spaghetti recipes?

Postby guthrie.armstrong on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm constantly trading spaghetti recipes with my friends, and my girlfriend. All of whom happen to be fellow spaghetti addicts.

Being an infoanarchist, I'll share my recipe:

Steps:
1. Bring half a large bowl to a rolling boil. Not a bubbling boil, a big ass rolling boil. :fsm_rock:
2. Add salt.
3. Pour in the spaghetti. Don't put the lid back on.
4. Stir occasionally, and add a dash or two of salt.
5. Keep boiling for as long as the package says to, or until al dente.
6. Slowly drain.
7. Add olive oil to unstick the noodles from eachother.
8. Add another dash of salt.
9. Pour in pasta sauce. I use the entire jar, but apparently that's weird. Whatever, that's just my taste.
10. Enjoy :fsm_float:

Tips:
Pour in spaghetti somewhat slowly, but not so slowly as that you would put out the boil.
Try not to break the spaghetti while stirring, unless you have company over and wish to eat your pasta without slurping.
Timing is essential. Have everything out on the counter before starting the stove.
Shake the drainer to get rid of all the steam and water. The only moisture should be the sauce.

I use barilla spaghetti. Not angel hair because it's too soft. Thin spaghetti is my personal favorite because it's easy to eat, and quick to make. Plus, thick spaghetti feels strange in my mouth. No offense, almighty FSM. Also, I'm vegetarian, so I use meat free sauce from whole foods. I'm such a hippie :zen:

Any other recipes?
guthrie.armstrong
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Spaghetti recipes?

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Quick Spaghetti Carbonara
Serves 2 (or me if I'm really hungry)

Heat up salted water to a rolling boil. Cook enough spaghetti for 2 according to the instructions on the packet.

Slice up a couple for rashers of bacon into chunks. Fry in a little oil until cooked to your liking (I like crispy).

Whisk together 1 whole egg with another egg yolk. Add in a good handful of grated parmesan.

When your spaghetti is cooked, drain it but not completely. You'll need to hold on to a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water, so easiest thing to do is tip your pasta into a sieve or collander then straight away return it to the pan before all the water drains away.

Add in your cooked bacon.

OFF THE HEAT add your eggy cheese mixture and stir quickly.

The cheese melts and the eggs begin to cook, forming a creamy carbonara sauce. Don't do this on the heat as your egg will cook too quickly and you'll end up with scrambled egg.

Serve immediately with more grated parmesan on the top.

This is also nice with sausage meat instead of bacon. Slit open the skins of a couple of pork sausages, squeeze out the meat and fry it in a frying pan. Add it to the pasta at the same point you'd add the bacon.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby black bart on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks for that...it's another one of my favourites is Spaghetti Carbonara.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:This is also nice with sausage meat instead of bacon. Slit open the skins of a couple of pork sausages, squeeze out the meat and fry it in a frying pan. Add it to the pasta at the same point you'd add the bacon.

BLASPHEMY! There are only three meats that are allowed in a carbonara: bacon, guanciale, or pancetta.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:31 pm

PKMKII wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:This is also nice with sausage meat instead of bacon. Slit open the skins of a couple of pork sausages, squeeze out the meat and fry it in a frying pan. Add it to the pasta at the same point you'd add the bacon.

BLASPHEMY! There are only three meats that are allowed in a carbonara: bacon, guanciale, or pancetta.

May I just say :moon:

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Kitysrblk on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Everybody tells me that I'm touched by His noodly appendage and that I should share my recipe and I've always been like, ".... Recipe? I don't measure...." So this last time I did and here it is, all the measurements are approximate.

2 heads-or bulbs, whatever-(about 22 cloves) of garlic, peeled
2 small-medium onions
1-1/2 tsp-1 TBS ground oregano
1 TBS ground parsley
1 TBS red seasoned salt**
1 TBS green season salt/complete seasoning***
1-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 TBS ground basil
1 lb ground pork or lean ground beef
5-100g packs of tomato paste
~2 C water
4-200g packs of spaghetti

Start by putting the garlic and onions through a food processor until minced. Put the minced mixture in a hot saucepan and sweat them for a few minutes. Add the rest of the spices, mix, and cook for a few more minutes. Add in the meat stir into the spice mixture as well as possible. Stir the meat occasionally to keep it from burning and to keep it crumbled-the reason that I use lean meat is so that I don’t have to drain any fat off of it. When the meat is finished cooking, add in the tomato paste and stir until evenly mixed. Add water until the sauce is the consistency that you like-2 cups are normally perfect for me-stir until even. Turn off heat and cover. Cook spaghetti to desired done-ness, drain, mix with tomato sauce, and serve. Serves 7-10
**The one I use contains salt, paprika, garlic, mustard powder, onion powder, celery seed, ground cardamom, and cayenne pepper
***Contains Celery, onion, salt, and “spices”-I’m guessing garlic and more salt...

And as with MOST dishes containing a sauce, this is SOOOOOOOOO much better the next day. So I suggest making the sauce and refrigerating it to use for dinner the next night.
The number you have dialed is imaginary, please turn 90 degrees and try again.
Kitysrblk
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby juicegiver on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 am

After reading the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster I was intrigued with the concept that the squid is the most evil creature in our religion because it mimicks the Flying Spaghetti Monster. This is not to be confused with the most cursed of creatures which is certain to be the penguin.

It is clear that the Flying Spaghetti Monster stands for all that is good and that the squid stands for that which is evil.

I borrowed an idea from Taoist and/or Buddhist traditions of the Yin Yang and combined it with Pastafarian teachings to come up with Yin Yang spaghetti.

It isn't too practical to buy squid but my wife found some frozen seafood that contained squid. She fries the seafood in coconut oil and adds garlic. She mixes this in with the spaghetti sauce and the noodles instead of using hamburger meat. Nobody else in my family likes it so I get to enjoy the wholeness of good and evil all by myself.

with blessings,

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:14 pm

juicegiver wrote:This is not to be confused with the most cursed of creatures which is certain to be the penguin.

Excuse me?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:12 pm

^ BOY FIGHT!

:haha:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:30 am

From Pages 138-139 of the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Antarctica, the cursed, is the continent that is the Pastafarian equivalent
to Christianity's Hell. The Beer Volcano froze over millennia ago,
the strippers wear big bulky parkas and snow pants, and the place is
covered in ice and snow. The only native inhabitants are the ones cursed
by Him. He has cast out those who have forsaken Him, the penguins.
The short stout penguins are the direct descendants of the original
midget. The midget got mad at the FSM for making him short and out
of anger cursed the Great One loudly and profanely. In retaliation, the
vengeful FSM cast the reject to the coldest part of the world, and
morphed the degenerate into a penguin. The penguin is the opposite of
all that is godly. It has wings, but cannot fly. It has flippers instead of
hands, so is unable to pick up noodles. It eats naught but fish, which
makes nasty fishy meatballs. He created a land that is incapable of
growing anything worthy of pasta creation; krill, the only thing the
penguins have to make noodles from, tastes disgusting. Thus Antarctica
is the land of rejected creations. Learning from this mistake, the
next thing He made after the midget was a dwarf, which turned out
pretty hilarious when it got drunk from the volcano and started simultaneously
swearing at and hitting on the strippers. So the FSM kept
dwarfs as an amusing distraction. He was so distracted he forgot the
next thing on His to-do list, "make penguin-eating sharks."
juicegiver

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:30 pm

That looks like a reason for a schism to me.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 pm

daftbeaker wrote:That looks like a reason for a schism to me.

I don't think it would. I am not aware of any penguins from Antartica that are Pastafarians. Why do you think this would cause such chaos?

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:28 am

prosopagnosia
-noun
an inability to recognise the faces of familiar people, usually due to brain damage.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 am

juicegiver wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:That looks like a reason for a schism to me.

I don't think it would. I am not aware of any penguins from Antartica that are Pastafarians. Why do you think this would cause such chaos?

juicegiver

You're still a bit of a n00b, so you don't know yet that Dafty is a penguin.

I, on the other hand, am a turtle (so is Detective Turtleholmes, but he hasn't been heard from in ages). Many of us have totems - Roy is a Dalek, Elvalia is a bunny, Twisty is a cat, and Pieces has a nice asp. You'll pick up on this stuff bit by bit the longer you hang around.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby juicegiver on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 am

effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

I want to read this stuff at my house.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Next

Return to Food